Scattered showers, isolated thunderstorms expected Tuesday
The National Weather Service predicts a 60% chance of precipitation during the day Tuesday, April 28, with new rainfall likely totaling less than a tenth of an inch with higher amounts expected in areas that receive thunderstorms. Storms are expected to start after 1 p.m.
A few isolated thunderstorms are possible this afternoon after 1 p.m., according to the National Weather Service, but the potential for hazardous impacts are expected to be low.
Scattered showers throughout the day are expected to bring rainfall amounting to less than a tenth of an inch, with higher amounts possible in areas that see thunderstorms. The day will continue to be cloudy and overcast, with a high temperature of 63 degrees and south winds reaching speeds of 8 to 10 miles per hour.
Tonight, temperatures are expected to drop to around 44 degrees, and winds of 6 to 11 mph will shift north northwest in the evening. The National Weather Service forecasts a 60% chance of precipitation during the day and a 40% chance tonight.
Any precipitation is not expected to impact river levels. The flood warning for Grand Forks was lifted Tuesday, April 28, at 7 a.m., and the Grand Forks Greenway and accesses on both sides of the river are now open to the public.