PREP CLIPBOARD: Boys basketball, girls basketball, girls hockey
Boys basketball GF Red River 67, Fargo North 61 Chad Bartosh scored 28 points as Grand Forks Red River defeated Fargo North on Thursday. Not far behind Bartosh was Ty Straus with 24 points and 12 rebounds of his own. "Ty did a great job of scorin...
GF Red River 67,
Fargo North 61
Chad Bartosh scored 28 points as Grand Forks Red River defeated Fargo North on Thursday.
Not far behind Bartosh was Ty Straus with 24 points and 12 rebounds of his own.
“Ty did a great job of scoring inside today,” said Red River coach Jason Gregory. “We played a great first half defensively and did a good job of controlling the offensive flow.”
Kade Hoeg led the Spartans with 17 points and Jake Anderson added 12.
The Roughriders improve to 11-4 on the season. They will host Devils Lake tonight.
Fargo North 59,
GF Red River 52
FARGO - Kim Muellenberg scored 19 points to lead Fargo North to a win over Grand Forks Red River Thursday.
“We played a heck of a first half but kind of ran out of gas in the second,” said Red River coach Kent Ripplinger. “We rushed our shots a little too much in the second due to their defensive pressure.”
Annika Kjar added 11 points for the Spartans. Hannah Arason dropped a game-high 22 for Red River and Jennifer Trader added 10.
The Roughriders will host West Fargo on Monday.
EGF Senior High 43,
Red Lake Falls 40
Ellen Potter and Kelsey Schlenk each scored 11 points as East Grand Forks Senior High rallied back to beat Red Lake Falls on Thursday.
“We squeaked out a win after being down almost 20,” said Green Wave coach Emily Ruemmele. “Rylee Skyberg and Haley Carlstrom gave us as spark in the second half.”
Rylee Skyberg added 10 points in the Green Wave win. Lexi Hagl led Red Lake Falls with 11 points.
Senior High improved to 12-11 on the season. The Wave will host Red Lake County Central next Thursday.
Grand Forks 2,
Fargo North 1
The Grand Forks KnightRiders defeated Fargo North behind 26 saves from goalie Jerrica Rosendahl.
“Fargo North came out hard right away,” said Grand Forks coach Darin Schumacher. “Jerrica was able to weather the storm really well. After that, we played a really good team defensive game.”
The KnightRiders received goals from Myranda Podell and Bailee Enlow, while Sami Trana scored the lone Fargo North goal.
Grand Forks, who improved to 12-10, will play at Bismarck on Saturday.
- Boys swimming: Alex Brock won the 200 freestyle and 100 backstroke as Fargo South defeated Grand Forks 120-66 at Central Thursday. The KnightRiders received first place finishes from Nick McCowan in the 1 meter diving, Tristan Weisz in the 100 freestyle, and Ben Regorrah in the 500 freestyle.
- Boys basketball: Michael Burd scored 17 points as East Grand Forks Sacred Heart used a big second half to beat Badger-Greenbush-Middle River 55-44 on Thursday. Wyatt Peppel scored 14 to pace the Gators, who led 22-20 at halftime.
- Boys basketball: Patrick Strom scored 20 points to lead Fargo Shanley to a 62-52 home win over Grand Forks Central on Tuesday. The Knights were led by Jake Mussman with 12 points, while Jake Wavra added 11 and Josh Schumer had 10. “It was a tight game most of the way through,” Central coach Dan Carlson said. “They made a little run in the second half, and we couldn’t knock down enough shots to get back in it.”
- Girls basketball: Jackie Day scored 13 points as Fargo Shanley defeated Grand Forks Central 81-36 Thursday in Grand Forks. “We came out flat at the beginning of the game and dug ourselves a hole,” said Central coach D.J. Burris. Central will host Fargo North on Monday and travel to Fargo Davies on Tuesday.
- Girls basketball: Michele Remer scored 22 points to lead East Grand Forks Sacred Heart to an 81-36 win over Red Lake County Central Thursday in Plummer, Minn. Stacy Remer added 18 points and Jordyn Lloyd contributed 10 in the win.