OUTDOORS CALENDAR: Banquets, Maple syrup programs among upcoming events
To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• April 20: East Grand Forks Ducks Unlimited Annual Banquet, Eagles Club, 227 10th St. NW, East Grand Forks. Social hour 5 p.m., with dinner at 6:30 p.m.; 40-gun event with more than $30,000 in prizes. Ticket info: (701) 215-2373.
• April 27: Red River Valley Chapter of Pheasants Forever banquet.
• May 3: Lake of the Woods chapter of the Ruffed Grouse Society banquet, Springsteel Resort, 38004 Beach St., Warroad, Minn. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., with dinner at 7:30. Membership and dinner ticket $65 each, membership and spouse ticket $95 each, junior membership and dinner ticket (17 and younger) $35 each. Early bird bonus raffle package $125 by April 21; meal choices must be received by Friday, April 26. Info: Jared Olafson, (218) 242-1005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Park vehicle passes are required for all events at North Dakota and Minnesota state parks. Vehicle passes are $7 daily and $35 annually in both states.
• April 14: "Maple Syrup, Tap to Table, Collecting and Processing," 1 to 3:30 p.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. Info: (218) 308-2300.
• April 20: Spring Trail Trekkers hike, 10 a.m., Turtle River State Park. Meet at the CCC trailhead for 2-plus-mile hike along the Riverview, Prairie, Coneflower and Woodchuck trails.
• April 20: Arbor Day Tree Walk, 10 to 11:30 a.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. Info: (218) 308-2300.
• April 26: 2019 Glenn Allen Paur Memorial Seminar, noon, UND Education Room 7. Guest speaker is UND alumna Virginia Steinhaus DuBowy, chief of resources at Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area and first woman to graduate from UND's Fisheries and Wildlife Biology bachelor's program. Presented by UND Wildlife Society and Biology Department.
• April 27: Minnesota Prairie Chicken Society 46th annual meeting, 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Callaway Event Center, 403 Main Ave., Callaway, Minn. Events schedule/more info: Travis Issendorf, (218) 844-3405 or email@example.com.
• May 1: Sign-up night for Red River Valley Catfish League, 7 p.m., Up North Pizza, 314 Fourth St. NW, East Grand Forks. League season is set to begin Wednesday, May 8 at the North Landing in Grand Forks, alternating every other Wednesday with LaFave Park in East Grand Forks. Info: www.rrvcatfish.com or Brad Durick, (701) 739-5808 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• June 5, 12: Learn the Skill of Fly Casting mini workshop, 1 to 3 p.m., Itasca State Park, Minn. Meet at the picnic shelter near the Lake Itasca swim beach. Info: (218) 699-7251 or email@example.com.
• July 27-28: Cats Incredible Catfish Tournament, Red River in Grand Forks and East Grand Forks. LaFave Park in East Grand Forks is tournament headquarters; entry fee $230 per two-person team. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 399-3474.
• April 24: Captains meeting for summer 2019 sporting clays league season, 7 p.m., Dakota Hunting Club and Kennel clubhouse, rural Grand Forks. Open to anyone who wants to join or start a sporting clays team. Info: Mike Elgin, (701) 775-2074.
• May 5: Fiocchi Ammunition and Gerrells Sports Center Fun Shoot, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Dakota Hunting Club, Grand Forks. All youth and lady shooters will receive two boxes of Fiocchi target ammo. Lunch and refreshments will be served. Door prizes include Fiocchi range bags, Fiocchi hats and 12 gauge shotgun. Info: Mike Elgin, (701) 775-2074 or Kevin Smith, (701) 662-8133.
• May 29: Informational meeting, registration and orientation for 2019 Ladies Sporting Clays program, 6:30 p.m., Dakota Hunting Club and Kennel, 1854 11th Ave. NE, Grand Forks. Info: Greg LaHaise, (218) 791-3622 or Mike Elgin, (701) 772-8789 (leave message).
Permit to Carry
• April 27: North Dakota Class I and II Permit to Carry training, 8 a.m., Holiday Inn Express, Grand Forks. Info: Bill Collison, (701) 740-8674; www.permittocarry.org.
• April 27: Minnesota, Florida and Arizona Permit to Carry training, 11 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela's. Info: Tom Ramirez, (218) 252-3326; www.permittocarry.org.