To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• March 1: 33rd annual Kittson County Ducks Unlimited Banquet, 5:30 to 9:30 p.m., Hallock City Hall, 163 Third St. SE, Hallock, Minn. Tickets available online at www.ducks.org/Minnesota/events; online sales end Feb. 28. Info: Brian Lane, (763) 232-0516.
• March 9: 37th annual Bemidji Lady Ducks Banquet, 5:30 to 9:30 p.m., Hampton Inn, 1019 Paul Bunyan Drive, Bemidji. Tickets available online at www.ducks.org/Minnesota/events; online sales end March 8.
• March 16: Outdoor Adventure Foundation annual fundraising dinner banquet, Hilton Garden Inn, 4351 17th Ave. S., Fargo. Tickets will be available in February. More info: www.ndoaf.org.
• March 30: Mahnomen County DU Banquet, Shooting Star Casino, Mahnomen, Minn. Info: Rachel McArthur, (218) 204-0332 or Doug McArthur, (218) 204-1007.
• April 5: Roseau DU Banquet, 5 to 9:30 p.m., Gene's Bar and Grill, Roseau, Minn. Info: Dave Dirks, (218) 689-0675.
• April 6: Forks Friends of NRA banquet, 5:30 p.m ., Ramada Inn, 1205 N. 43rd St., Grand Forks. Purchase Grand Slam ticket by March 1 to be entered in the Early Bird drawing (only a few left). For tickets online go to www.friendsofnra.org or contact Gordy Linnell at (218) 779-1784.
Park vehicle passes are required for all events at North Dakota and Minnesota state parks. Vehicle passes are $7 daily and $35 annually in both states.
• Feb. 28-March 3: Red River Valley Sportsmen's Boat, Camping & Vacation Show, Fargodome. Show hours 5 to 9 p.m. Feb. 28, noon to 9 p.m. March 1, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. March 2 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 3. Admission $10 for adults, $2.50 for ages 6 to 12 and free for ages 5 and younger; www.fargosportshow.com.
• March 2: Northwest Angle Edge Riders Snow Rally, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunset Lodge on Oak Island of Lake of the Woods. Rally Run trail ride at 4 p.m. March 1 (meet at Sunset Lodge). Many activities and chances to win; grand prize a 2019 Polaris snowmobile. Info: nwaedgeriders.org or www.facebook.com/NorthwestAngleEdgeRiders.
• March 2: Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe, 5 to 8 p.m., Zippel Bay State Park near Williams, Minn. Info: (218) 783-6252.
• March 2: Fifth annual Northland Fat Bike Rally, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. Main event begins at 11 a.m. Both a 10K and 28K route will be offered. Info: (218) 308-2300 or check out the Bemidji Area Mountain Bikers' Facebook page.
• March 9: Sullys Hill Shutterbugs camera club meeting, 2 p.m., Visitor Center, Sullys Hill Nature Preserve south of Devils Lake. Eric Weber will discuss "Exposure Triangle-ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed." Info: email@example.com.
• March 16: Third annual film festival, premiering new films from "The Story-Written by Nature ... Told By Sportsmen," Win-E-Mac School Arts and Events Center, 23130 345th St. SE, Erskine, Minn. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., show starts at 6:30 p.m. Admission $10, adults; free for age 15 and younger. Door prizes from Martin Archery, Drury Outdoors, X-Stand Treestands, The Story and more. Info: Shane Fuglseth, (218) 200-9509 or www.facebook.com/thestorytv.
• May 29: Informational meeting, registration and orientation for 2019 Ladies Sporting Clays program, 6:30 p.m., Dakota Hunting Club and Kennel, 1854 11th Ave. NE, Grand Forks. First week of shooting and instruction begins at 6:30 p.m. June 5, with subsequent sessions set for 6:30 p.m. June 12, June 19, June 26, July 3, July 10 and July 17. Fee: $50 for the season, includes instruction from certified instructors of the Coordinated Shooting Method and National Sporting Clays Association. Info: Greg LaHaise, (218) 791-3622 or Mike Elgin, (701) 772-8789 (leave message).
Permit to Carry
• March 3 : Minnesota, Florida and Arizona Permit to Carry training, 11 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela's. Info: Tom Ramirez, (218) 252-3326; www.permittocarry.org.