OUTDOORS CALENDAR: From banquets to Audubon meetings, a look at what's on tap
To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• Feb. 23: Minnesota Deer Hunters Association 32nd annual Habitat Banquet, Timberlake Lodge, Grand Rapids, Minn. Social hour and raffle ticket sales at 4:30 p.m., followed by dinner and a program at 6 p.m. Tickets $35 per person; only 350 tickets available and no tickets will be sold at the door. Order/info: (218) 327-1103 or www.mndeerhunters.com.
• Feb. 23: Bemidji State Ducks Unlimited Sportsman's Night Out, 2 to 5:30 p.m., Hampton Inn, 1019 Paul Bunyan Drive, Bemidji. Tickets available online at www.ducks.org/Minnesota/events; online sales end Feb. 22. Info: Tim Drake, (651) 500-7005 or Regan Pederson, (218) 686-1561.
• March 1: 33rd annual Kittson County Ducks Unlimited Banquet, 5:30 to 9:30 p.m., Hallock City Hall, 163 Third St. SE, Hallock, Minn. Tickets available online at www.ducks.org/Minnesota/events; online sales end Feb. 28. Info: Brian Lane, (763) 232-0516.
• Feb. 21: Grand Forks Audubon, 6:45 p.m., East Grand Forks Campbell Library, 422 Fourth St. NW, East Grand Forks. Topic: Photos from the members. Info: Rolf Paulson, (701) 772-0579 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Feb. 22-24: Wild Outdoor Women event, Lake Metigoshe State Park, Bottineau, N.D. Sessions on tap include darkhouse spearing, snowshoe lacing, cross-country skiing, fur handling and more. Info: Amy Schimetz, Lake Metigoshe State Park, (701) 263-4514 or email@example.com.
• Feb. 28-March 3: Red River Valley Sportsmen's Boat, Camping & Vacation Show, Fargodome. Show hours 5 to 9 p.m. Feb. 28, noon to 9 p.m. March 1, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. March 2 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 3. Admission $10 for adults, $2.50 for ages 6 to 12 and free for ages 5 and younger; www.fargosportshow.com.
• March 2: Northwest Angle Edge Riders Snow Rally, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunset Lodge on Oak Island of Lake of the Woods. Rally Run trail ride at 4 p.m. March 1 (meet at Sunset Lodge). Many activities and chances to win; grand prize a 2019 Polaris snowmobile. Info: nwaedgeriders.org or www.facebook.com/NorthwestAngleEdgeRiders.
• March 2: Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe, 5 to 8 p.m., Zippel Bay State Park near Williams, Minn. Info: (218) 783-6252.
• March 9: Sullys Hill Shutterbugs camera club meeting, 2 p.m., Visitor Center, Sullys Hill Nature Preserve south of Devils Lake. Eric Weber will discuss "Exposure Triangle—ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed." Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• March 16: Third annual film festival, premiering new films from "The Story—Written by Nature ... Told By Sportsmen," Win-E-Mac School Arts and Events Center, 23130 345th St. SE, Erskine, Minn. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., show starts at 6:30 p.m. Admission $10, adults; free for age 15 and younger. Door prizes from Martin Archery, Drury Outdoors, X-Stand Treestands, The Story and more. Info: Shane Fuglseth, (218) 200-9509 or www.facebook.com/thestorytv.
• May 29: Informational meeting, registration and orientation for 2019 Ladies Sporting Clays program, 6:30 p.m., Dakota Hunting Club and Kennel, 1854 11th Ave. NE, Grand Forks. First week of shooting and instruction begins at 6:30 p.m. June 5, with subsequent sessions set for 6:30 p.m. June 12, June 19, June 26, July 3, July 10 and July 17. Fee: $50 for the season, includes instruction from certified instructors of the Coordinated Shooting Method and National Sporting Clays Association. Info: Greg LaHaise, (218) 791-3622 or Mike Elgin, (701) 772-8789 (leave message).
Permit to Carry
• Feb. 23: Minnesota, Florida and Arizona Permit to Carry training, 11 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela's. Info: Tom Ramirez, (218) 252-3326; www.permittocarry.org.
• March 3 : Minnesota, Florida and Arizona Permit to Carry training, 11 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela's. Info: Tom Ramirez, (218) 252-3326; www.permittocarry.org.