To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• Feb. 10: 62nd annual Knights of Columbus Ice Fishing Derby, 1 to 3 p.m., Thief River Falls at the Eighth Street bridge, across from Northland Community and Technical College. Raffle tickets will be available at the derby entrance or from Knights of Columbus members; a $100 cash prize will be given for the largest northern pike and walleye, along with a $50 for first fish, and minnows will be provided. Info: Robert Buresh, (218) 686-0245 or by email at email@example.com.
• Feb. 16: Springsteel Resort and Warroad Chamber of Commerce Fishing Derby, noon to 3 p.m., Springsteel Resort on Lake of the Woods north of Warroad, Minn. Tickets $20. Info: Springsteel Resort, (218) 386-1000; Warroad Chamber, (218) 386-3543; or online at www.visitwarroad.com.
• Feb. 23: Minnesota Deer Hunters Association 32nd annual Habitat Banquet, Timberlake Lodge, Grand Rapids, Minn. Social hour and raffle ticket sales at 4:30 p.m., followed by dinner and a program at 6 p.m. Tickets $35 per person; only 350 tickets available and no tickets will be sold at the door. Order/info: (218) 327-1103 or www.mndeerhunters.com.
• March 16: Outdoor Adventure Foundation annual fundraising dinner banquet, Hilton Garden Inn, 4351 17th Ave. S., Fargo. Tickets will be available in February. More info: www.ndoaf.org.
Park vehicle passes are required for all events at North Dakota and Minnesota state parks. Vehicle passes are $7 daily and $35 annually in both states.
• Feb. 13: "Catching Catfish," 7 to 9 p.m., Room 20, Grand Forks Community High School, 500 Stanford Road, Grand Forks. Red River catfish guide Brad Durick will share tips for getting started and being successful at catching catfish. Course fee $20; www.gfschools.org/Page/8579.
• Feb. 16: Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Lake Bronson State Park, 2 miles east of Lake Bronson, Minn., on County Highway 28. Info: (218) 754-2200.
• Feb. 22-24: Wild Outdoor Women event, Lake Metigoshe State Park, Bottineau, N.D. Sessions on tap include darkhouse spearing, snowshoe lacing, cross-country skiing, fur handling and more. Info: Amy Schimetz, Lake Metigoshe State Park, (701) 263-4514 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Feb. 28-March 3: Red River Valley Sportsmen's Boat, Camping & Vacation Show, Fargodome. Show hours 5 to 9 p.m. Feb. 28, noon to 9 p.m. March 1, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. March 2 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 3. Admission $10 for adults, $2.50 for ages 6 to 12 and free for ages 5 and younger; www.fargosportshow.com.
• March 2: Northwest Angle Edge Riders Snow Rally, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunset Lodge on Oak Island of Lake of the Woods. Rally Run trail ride at 4 p.m. March 1 (meet at Sunset Lodge). Many activities and chances to win; grand prize a 2019 Polaris snowmobile. Info: nwaedgeriders.org or www.facebook.com/NorthwestAngleEdgeRiders.
• March 2: Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe, 5 to 8 p.m., Zippel Bay State Park near Williams, Minn. Info: (218) 783-6252. Course fee
• March 9: Sullys Hill Shutterbugs camera club meeting, 2 p.m., Visitor Center, Sullys Hill Nature Preserve south of Devils Lake. Eric Weber will discuss "Exposure Triangle-ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed." Info: email@example.com.
Permit to Carry
• Feb. 23: Minnesota, Florida and Arizona Permit to Carry training, 11 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela's. Info: Tom Ramirez, (218) 252-3326; www.permittocarry.org.
• March 3 : Minnesota, Florida and Arizona Permit to Carry training, 11 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela's. Info: Tom Ramirez, (218) 252-3326; www.permittocarry.org.
• March 30: North Dakota Class I and II Permit to Carry training, 8 a.m., Holiday Inn Express, Grand Forks. Info: Bill Collison, (701) 740-8674; www.permittocarry.org.
• March 30: Minnesota, Florida and Arizona Permit to Carry training, 11 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela's. Info: Tom Ramirez, (218) 252-3326; www.permittocarry.org.