OUTDOORS CALENDAR: Banquets, ice fishing tournaments and candlelight ski activities highlight upcoming events
To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• Jan. 26: Whitetails Unlimited Red River Valley Deer Camp banquet, Eagles Club, 227 10th St. NW, East Grand Forks. Games, raffles and social hour 5 p.m., with roast beef dinner at 6 p.m. Tickets: $30 per person; www.whittetailsunlimited.com.
• Feb. 9: Red River Chapter of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation 29th Annual Big Game Banquet, Alerus Center Ballroom, Grand Forks. Doors open at 5 p.m., with dinner at 7. Info: Paul Eslinger, (701) 202-0196.
• Feb. 23: Minnesota Deer Hunters Association 32nd annual Habitat Banquet, Timberlake Lodge, Grand Rapids, Minn. Social hour and raffle ticket sales at 4:30 p.m., followed by dinner and a program at 6 p.m. Tickets $35 per person; only 350 tickets available and no tickets will be sold at the door. Order/info: (218) 327-1103 or www.mndeerhunters.com.
• March 16: Outdoor Adventure Foundation annual fundraising dinner banquet, Hilton Garden Inn, 4351 17th Ave. S., Fargo. Tickets will be available in February. More info: www.ndoaf.org.
• Jan. 26: 35th annual Devils Lake Volunteer Fire Department Ice Fishing Tournament, 1 to 3:30 p.m., Six-Mile Bay on Devils Lake. More than $325,000 in fishing and raffle prizes. Info: www.dlvfdicefishingtourney.com.
• Feb. 2: Larimore Vets Club Fishing Tournament, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Larimore Dam near Larimore, N.D. Tickets $10 with money payback for top three places in the perch, northern pike, walleye, bass and crappie categories. Tickets for sale at Larimore Vets Club.
• Feb. 10: 62nd annual Knights of Columbus Ice Fishing Derby, 1 to 3 p.m., Thief River Falls at the Eighth Street bridge, across from Northland Community and Technical College. Raffle tickets will be available at the derby entrance or from Knights of Columbus members; a $100 cash prize will be given for the largest northern pike and walleye, along with a $50 for first fish, and minnows will be provided. Info: Robert Buresh, (218) 686-0245 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Feb. 16: Springsteel Resort and Warroad Chamber of Commerce Fishing Derby, noon to 3 p.m., Springsteel Resort on Lake of the Woods north of Warroad, Minn. Tickets $20. Info: Springsteel Resort, (218) 386-1000; Warroad Chamber, (218) 386-3543; or online at www.visitwarroad.com.
Park vehicle passes are required for all events at North Dakota and Minnesota state parks. Vehicle passes are $7 daily and $35 annually in both states.
• Jan. 25-26: Fourth annual Frostival, various locations throughout Fargo-Moorhead. A variety of events are on tap during the event, most free and open to the public. Info: www.frostival.com.
• Feb. 15 (Rescheduled from Jan. 26 because of cold weather): Candlelight Snowshoe, 6 to 9 p.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. Event starts and ends at the Visitor Center, where refreshments will be available. Info: Larissa Harris, (218) 308-2328 or by email at email@example.com.
• Jan. 26-28: Red River Valley Boat & Marine Product Show, Fargodome. Show hours noon to 9 p.m. Jan. 26, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Jan. 27 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jan. 28. Admission is $10 for adults, $2.50 for ages 6 to 12 and free for ages 5 and younger; www.fargoboatshow.com.
• Jan. 26: Winter hike along the Red River, 10:30 a.m., Hjemkomst Center, 202 First Ave. N., Moorhead; part of Frostival activities. Meet at the Canoe and Kayak Rental Shack. Info: River Keepers, (701) 235-2895.
• Jan. 27: Winter Hike along the Red River, 1:30 p.m., Edgewood Golf Course, 19 Golf Course Road, Fargo. Four-mile hike along the Red River in north Fargo; meet just off the parking lot of Divots at Edgewood. Info: River Keepers, (701) 235-2895.
• Feb. 2: 8th annual AK Vintage Snowmobile Show, Blue Moose, 507 Second St. SW, East Grand Forks. Registration from 8 to 11 a.m ., silent auction and raffle from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., vintage sled run 1 p.m. (weather permitting), and awards presentation at 3:30 p.m. Info: Al Seydel, (701) 740-7552 or Merlyn Werner, (218) 779-6161.
• Feb. 2: Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe, 5 to 8 p.m., Zippel Bay State Park near Williams, Minn. Luminaries will light more than a mile of ski and snowshoe trails. Info: (218) 783-6252.
• Feb. 9: Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe, 6 to 9 p.m., Lake Bemidji State Park, 10 miles north of Bemidji off U.S. Highway 71 North. Info: (218) 308-2300.
• Feb. 9: Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe, 5:30 to 9 p.m., Hayes Lake State Park south of Roseau, Minn. Info: (218) 425-7504 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Feb. 13: "Catching Catfish," 7 to 9 p.m., Room 20, Grand Forks Community High School, 500 Stanford Road, Grand Forks. Red River catfish guide Brad Durick will share tips for getting started and being successful at catching catfish. Course fee $20; www.gfschools.org/Page/8579.
• Feb. 16: Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Lake Bronson State Park, 2 miles east of Lake Bronson, Minn., on County Highway 28. Info: (218) 754-2200.
• Feb. 22-24: Wild Outdoor Women event, Lake Metigoshe State Park, Bottineau, N.D. Sessions on tap include darkhouse spearing, snowshoe lacing, cross-country skiing, fur handling and more. Info: Amy Schimetz, Lake Metigoshe State Park, (701) 263-4514 or email@example.com.
• Feb. 28-March 3: Red River Valley Sportsmen's Boat, Camping & Vacation Show, Fargodome. Show hours 5 to 9 p.m. Feb. 28, noon to 9 p.m. March 1, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. March 2 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 3. Admission $10 for adults, $2.50 for ages 6 to 12 and free for ages 5 and younger; www.fargosportshow.com.
• March 2: Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe, 5 to 8 p.m., Zippel Bay State Park near Williams, Minn. Info: (218) 783-6252.