To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
Park vehicle passes are required for all events at North Dakota and Minnesota state parks. Vehicle passes are $7 daily and $35 annually in both states.
• Dec. 9: Final day of inaugural Fargo Ice Fishing Show, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Scheels Arena, 5225 31st Ave. S., Fargo. Info: www.fargoicefishingshow.com.
• Dec. 18: Fourtown Grygla Sportsmans Club December meeting, 7 p.m., American Legion, 324 Brooks Ave., Thief River Falls.
• Jan. 1: First Day Hike, 1 to 3 p.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. Meet at the Visitor Center. Info: (218) 308-2328 or email@example.com.
• Jan. 1: First Day Hike: A Backcountry Exploration, 1 to 3 p.m., Itasca State Park, Minn. A limited number of snowshoes will be available at the Jacob V. Brower Visitor, and the hike will follow the Dr. Roberts Trail. Info: (218) 699-7251 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jan. 12: Lantern Lit Snowshoe and Ski Event, 5 to 7:30 p.m., Itasca State Park, Minn. Info: (218) 699-7251 or by email at email@example.com.
• Jan. 12: Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe, 5:30 to 9 p.m., Hayes Lake State Park south of Roseau, Minn. Info: (218) 425-7504 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jan. 19: Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Lake Bronson State Park, Minn. Info: (218) 754-2200.
• Jan. 26: Candlelight Snowshoe, 6 to 9 p.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. Event starts and ends at the Visitor Center, where refreshments will be available. Info: Larissa Harris, (218) 308-2328 or by email at email@example.com.
• Jan. 26-28: Red River Valley Boat & Marine Product Show, Fargodome. Show hours noon to 9 p.m. Jan. 26, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Jan. 27 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jan. 28; www.fargoboatshow.com.
Christmas Bird Counts
• Dec. 15: Crookston Christmas Bird Count. Meet at 7 a.m. at RBJ's Restaurant, 1601 University Ave. Count begins at 8 a.m. Info: Tom Feiro, (218) 281-5155 (home), (218) 521-0223 (cell), (218) 281-8300 (work) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dec. 15: Bemidji Christmas Bird Count. Meet at 7 a.m. at the Minnesota Nice Cafe, 315 Irvine Ave. NW, for breakfast or no later than 7:45 a.m. if not having breakfast. Tally Rally set for 4:30 p.m. at Brigid's Cross Irish Pub, 317 Beltrami Ave. Info: Douglas Johnson, email@example.com.
• Dec. 16: Grand Forks Christmas Bird Count. Meet at 7 a.m. at Northside Cafe on Gateway Drive. Reports from feeder watchers are welcome. For more information call or text (701) 330-1474.
• Dec. 17: 23rd annual Itasca State Park Winter Bird Count, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Itasca State Park, Minn. Meet at the Jacob V. Brower Visitor Center lobby between 7:30 and 8 a.m., and dress warmly for outdoor winter conditions. Info: (218) 699-7251.
• Dec. 18 or 19 TBA: Icelandic State Park Christmas Bird Count. Meet at 7:30 a.m. at park headquarters or at 12:30 p.m. at the Highway 32 Diner in Walhalla, N.D. Tally rally at 5 p.m. at park headquarters. Info: Mike Jacobs, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dec. 19: Agassiz National Wildlife Refuge Christmas Bird Count. Info: Lynda Knutsen, email@example.com.
• Dec. 20: Christmas Bird Count, Rydell National Wildlife Refuge, 17788 349th St. SE, Erskine, Minn. Meet at 8 a.m. at the Refuge Visitor Center. There will be a noon potluck at the Visitor Center. Info: (218) 687-2229 ext. 16.
• Dec. 29: Roseau (Minn.) Christmas Bird Count. Meet at 7 a.m. at the Roseau Diner. Info: Beth Siverhus, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dec. 30: Beltrami Island State Forest. Info: Martin Kehoe, email@example.com.
• Dec. 31: Baudette, Minn. Info: Martin Kehoe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permit to Carry
• Dec. 16: North Dakota Class I & II Permit to Carry training, 8 a.m., Hampton Inn, Grand Forks. Info: Bill Collison, (701) 740-8674; www.permittocarry.org.
• Dec. 16: 2 for 1 Minnesota Permit to Carry training, 11 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela's. Info: Laura Ramirez, (218) 252-1631; www.permittocarry.org.