To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• Saturday: Earth Day Park Clean-up, 10 a.m. to noon, Turtle River State Park, 3084 Park Ave., Arvilla, N.D. Park vehicle passes required. Info: (701) 594-4445.
• Wednesday: Min-Dak Border Chapter of the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association meeting, East Grand Forks Eagles Club, 227 10th St. NW. Agenda includes electing additional chapter offices and summer fundraising plans. Those who attend will have a chance to win at RTIC 45 cooler. Info: Allen Honek, (218) 791-7708.
• April 28-29: Fertile Conservation Club 3-D archery shoot, Fertile Sandhills near Fertile, Minn. Info: www.fertileconservationclub.com or Les Krogstad, (218) 945-6213.
• May 12: Roseau-Lake of the Woods Sportsman Club annual fish fry and membership drive, 4 to 7 p.m., Eagles Club, 56720 state Highway 11, Warroad, Minn.; $12 per plate; memberships $25 family, $15 single.
Minnesota deer plan meetings
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is hosting a series of meetings in northwest Minnesota and other parts of the state through the end of April to discuss the draft of a new 10-year deer management plan set to take effect in 2019. All meetings are from 6 to 8 p.m. at the following northwest Minnesota locations:
• Monday: Crookston Public Library, 110 N. Ash St.
• Monday: Hayes Lake State Park, 48990 County Road 4, Roseau, Minn.
• Tuesday: Lake Bronson State Park, Kittson County Road 28, Lake Bronson, Minn.
• Tuesday: Roseau County Courthouse, 606 Fifth Ave. SW, Roseau.
• Wednesday: Lake of the Woods School IT room, 210 Third Ave. NE, Baudette, Minn.
• Wednesday: Thief Lake Wildlife Management Area office, 42280 240th Ave. NE, Middle River, Minn.
• April 24: Thief River Falls Area Wildlife Office, 246 125th Ave. NE.
• April 24: Bemidji City Hall, 317 Fourth St. NW.
• May 30: Registration for Grand Forks Women's Sporting Clays Program, 6:30 p.m., Dakota Hunting Club and Kennel, 1854 11th Ave. N.E., Grand Forks (4 miles west of Interstate 29 on 32nd Avenue South, turn left on Airport Road at stop sign, go 1 mile south, then turn right and go 2 miles west on gravel road). Fee is $50 per person for the season. Weekly sessions will be held at 6:30 p.m. June 5, June 12, June 19, June 26, July 3, July 10 and the final event July 17, which will include a fun shoot, picnic and prizes. Info: Greg LaHaise, (218) 791-3622 or Harvey Gullicks, (218) 791-6914.
Permit to Carry
• April 22: North Dakota Class I & II Permit to Carry training, 8 a.m., Hampton Inn, Grand Forks. Info: Bill Collison, (701) 740-8674; permittocarry.org.
• April 22: 2 for 1 Minnesota Permit to Carry training, 11 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela's. Info: Laura Ramirez, (218) 252-1631; permittocarry.org