To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• Oct. 9: Roseau River Chapter of the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association banquet, 5 to 9 p.m., Roseau City Center, 121 Center St., Roseau, Minn. Info: Stu Weston, (218) 689-4252.
• Oct. 12-14: Options Resource Center for Independent Living accessible deer hunt, Rydell National Wildlife Refuge, 17788 349th St. SE, Erskine, Minn. Minn. Hunting hours are noon to half-hour after sunset Ot. 12-13 and half-hour before sunrise to half-hour after sunset Oct. 14. Refuge will be closed to the general public during the hunt. Info: Randy Sorenson at Options, (218) 773-6100, (800) 726-3692 or email@example.com.
• Oct. 14: Roseau-Lake of the Woods Sportsman Club annual fall ruffed grouse hunt, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Meet at 8:30 a.m. at the Carps Pit Recreation Area in Beltrami Island State Forest near Roosevelt, Minn. Registration $50 per two-person team, includes dinner. Payback for top 3 teams; ruffed grouse only. For more info, text (218) 242-1259.
• Oct. 28: North Red River Chapter of the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association banquet, City Hall, Hallock, Minn. Social hour 5 p.m., with supper at 7; games and prizes throughout the evening. Register before Oct. 20 for an opportunity to purchase raffle tickets at reduced pricing. Ticket $70, which includes MDHA membership. Info: Kelly Turgeon, chapter president, (218) 988-2567 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Oct. 28-29: Mentored Youth Deer Hunt, Rydell National Wildlife Refuge, 17788 349th St. SE, Erskine, Minn. Minn. Refuge will be closed to the general public during the hunt. Info: (218) 687-2229 ext. 16.
• Oct. 14: Fall Colors Hike, Exploring the North Country Along the Red Pine Trail, 12:30 to 3 p.m., Itasca State Park, Minn. Meet at the Jacob V. Brower Visitor Center. Info: (218) 699-7251.
• Oct. 21: Fall Luminary Walk, 7 to 9 p.m., Turtle River State Park, 3084 Park Ave., Arvilla, N.D. Hike along luminary-lit trails, warm up by the fire and enjoy some refreshments at Woodland Lodge. Event is free, but vehicle passes ($7 daily, $5 annual) are required to enter the park. Info: (701) 594-4445.
• Oct. 21: Halloween Adventure, 5:30 to 8 p.m., Audubon National Wildlife Refuge, N.D. During free, open house-style event, kids can trick or treat along the nature trail and enjoy a light snack in the visitor center. Families are invited to take a tram or hayride through the auto tour route beginning at 5:45. Browse through the wildlife exhibits and enjoy the sights and sounds of the waterfowl migration. Sponsored by Audubon Refuge Partners Inc. and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Info: (701) 442-5474.
Permit to Carry
• Nov. 18: North Dakota Class I and II Permit to Carry Training, noon, Grand Forks Scheels, 2800 S. Columbia Road, Grand Forks. Info: Bill Collison, (701) 740-8674; permittocarry.org.
• Nov. 19: 2 for 1 Utah Permit to Carry training, 10 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela's, 210 DeMers Ave. NW, East Grand Forks. Info: Laura Ramirez, (218) 252-1631; permittocarry.org