To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• Sept. 17: 35th annual Black Powder Turkey Shoot, 2 p.m., Olga, N.D., south edge of town. Muzzleloader rifles with open sights; rain or shine. Info: (701) 549-3648.
• Sept. 17: Final day of Buena Vista Fall Colors Festival, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Buena Vista Ski Area and Logging Village, 12 miles north of Bemidji on Beltrami County Road 15. Family fun, food, horse-drawn wagon rides and more. Info: bvskiarea.com or (218) 766-9919.
• Sept. 20: Meeting to discuss the revitalization of the Min-Dak Border Chapter of the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association, 7 p.m., East Grand Forks Eagles Club, 227 10th St. NW. Agenda includes electing new chapter officers and brainstorming on banquet fundraiser and developing top three donation goals. For more information, contact chapter member Loren Abel at (701) 741-1147 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Stu Weston, MDHA regional director, at (218) 689-4252.
• Sept. 23: 10th annual Autumn Harvest Festival and Lantern Lit Hike, 6 to 8:30 p.m., Itasca State Park. Meet at the Jacob V. Brower Visitor Center. Info: (218) 699-7251 or email@example.com.
• Sept. 30: Bike Your Park and National Public Lands Day, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Turtle River State Park, 3084 Park Ave., Arvilla, N.D.
Permit to Carry
• Sept. 30: North Dakota Class I and II Permit to Carry training, noon, Grand Forks Scheels, 2800 S. Columbia Road, Grand Forks. Info: Bill Collison, (701) 740-8674; permittocarry.org.
• Oct. 1: 2 for 1 Minnesota, Florida and Arizona Permit to Carry training, 10 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela's, 210 DeMers Ave. NW, East Grand Forks. Info: Laura, (218) 252-1631; permittocarry.org.