To get an event in the calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
N.D. Game and Fish Advisory Board
• Dec. 14 (rescheduled from Dec 6): District 4 (Grand Forks, Nelson, Pembina and Walsh counties), 7 p.m., American Legion Club, 208 N. Main St., Fordville, N.D., Dakota Prairie Wildlife Club is host and will be serving chili before the meeting. Advisory board member: Joe Solseng, (701) 317-5009.
• Dec. 15 (rescheduled from Dec. 6): District 3 (Benson, Cavalier, Eddy, Ramsey, Rolette and Towner counties), 7 p.m., Armory, Cando, N.D. Advisory board member: Tom Rost, Devils Lake, (701) 350-1424.
• Dec. 15: Glacial Ridge and Rydell national wildlife refuges Christmas Bird Count. Meet at 8 a.m. at the Rydell National Wildlife Visitor Center, 17788 349th St. SE, Erskine, Minn. People new to birding will be teamed up with experienced birders to search areas by vehicle and/or on foot. A midday potluck will be provided, courtesy of refuge staff. Please sign up by Dec. 14 by emailing Lisa Wiersma at email@example.com or by calling Rydell refuge at (218) 687-2229 ext. 10.
• Dec. 17: Crookston area Christmas Bird Count. Info: Tom Feiro, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dec. 17: Fourth annual Agassiz National Wildlife Refuge Christmas Bird Count. Meet at 8 a.m. at the American Legion in Middle River, Minn. Novice birders will be teamed up with experienced watchers. Midday potluck, courtesy of Agassiz refuge, set for 11:30 a.m. at the Legion. Signup by Dec. 14 requested Info: Lynda Knutsen, (218) 449-4115 ext 202.
• Dec. 17: Annual winter bird survey, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. Meet at the Visitor Center. Info: John Fylpaa, (218) 308-2300 or by email at John.email@example.com.
• Dec. 18: Grand Forks Christmas Bird Count. Meet at 7 a.m. at Northside Cafe, 3450 Gateway Drive. Info: Dave Lambeth, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dec. 18: 22nd annual Itasca State Park winter bird count, 8 to 3:30 p.m., Itasca State Park. Meet between 7:30 and 8 a.m. at the Jacob V. Brower Visitor Center Lobby. Info: (218) 699-7259.
• Dec. 29: Beltrami Island State Forest Christmas Bird Count. Info: Martin Kehoe, email@example.com.
• Dec. 30: Baudette, Minn., annual Christmas Bird Count. Info: Martin Kehoe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dec. 31: Roseau, Minn., annual Christmas Bird Count. Info: Pat Roth, email@example.com.
• Jan. 1: Winter Bird Count and First Day Hike, Turtle River State Park, 3084 Park Ave., Arvilla, N.D. Official count from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and participants should meet at the Visitor Center classroom. Birding Basics hike from 10 to 11 a.m., meet at the Chalet. Birders participating in the official count can come and go as they please. Vehicle pass required. Info: (701) 594-4445.
• Feb. 4: Fifth annual Anna Kozel Vintage Sled Show, Blue Moose, East Grand Forks. Info: Al Seydel, (701) 740-7552; Merlyn Werner, (218) 779-6161; or Kyle Kozel, (218) 779-8101.
• Jan. 14: Fourth annual Wounded Warriors Guide Service ice fishing tournament, Woodland Resort, Devils Lake. Entry fee $150 per two-person team, covers entry fee, general raffle, meal and commemorative shirt. Rules meeting set for 7 p.m. Jan. 13 at Woodland Resort. Tickets can be purchased at Grand Forks Scheels, online at wwgnsmn.org or at Woodland Resort. Info: Dave Morse: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jan. 28: 33rd annual Devils Lake Volunteer Fire Department Ice Fishing Tournament, 1 to 3:30 p.m., Six-Mile Bay, Devils Lake. More than $275,000 in prizes. Tickets cost $25 and can be purchased by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to DL Fishing Tourney, Box 32, Devils Lake, ND 58301. More info: dlvfdicefishingtourney.com or by calling the Devils Lake Fire Department at (701) 662-4903.
To see a full outdoors calendar with more extensive listings, go to gfherald.com and click the Outdoors link.