Larimore fishing tourney, Vintage snowmobile show coming up on Outdoors Calendar
To get an event in the Outdoors Calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1148 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Wednesdays.
To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1148 or by email at
. Deadline is 5 p.m. Wednesdays.
Banquets / events
- Jan. 22: Whitetails Unlimited "Red River Valley Deer Camp," Eagles Club, 227 10th St. NW, East Grand Forks. Games, raffles and social hour, 5 p.m.; dinner, 6:30 p.m. Tickets: $30 each. For tickets or more information, contact John Eaton, (218) 779-0968; Buck Nordlof, (218) 434-0399; or Whitetails Unlimited national headquarters at (800) 274-5471. Buy and print tickets online at whitetailsunlimited.com .
- Feb. 3-6: Minneapolis-St. Paul RV, Vacation and Camping Show, Minneapolis Convention enter, 1301 Second Ave. S., Minneapolis. Tickets $12 adults ($10 Good Sam members), $5 for kids age 6 to 12. Info: msprvshow.com .
- Feb. 5: 10th annual East Grand Forks Vintage Snowmobile Show (in memory of Anna Kozel), Blue Moose Bar and Grill, 507 Second St. NW, East Grand Forks. Registration from 9 to 11 a.m., raffle from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. inside the Blue Moose, sled run (weather permitting) at 12:30 p.m., and awards and door prizes at 3:30 p.m. Info: Merlyn Werner, (218) 779-6161; or Al Seydel, (701) 740-7552.
- Feb. 26: Snofest and Snowmobile North Dakota State Ride, Langdon, North Dakota. Info: Cody Schlittenhard, (701) 370-0629; or Moonlighters Snowmobile Club on Facebook .
- Feb. 26: Northwest Angle Edge Riders Snow Rally, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Flag Island Resort on Lake of the Woods. Floor raffle, door prizes, radar run, Goose Bump Jump, 50/50 raffle, lunch and more. Rally trail ride at 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 25; meet at Flag Island Resort. $5 and $20 raffle tickets sold at select businesses throughout Roseau and Lake of the Woods counties. Info: nwaedgeriders.org ; facebook.com/northwestangleedgeriders .
- March 5: 16th annual Warren SnowDaze Vintage Snowmobile Show and Ride, American Legion, Warren, Minnesota. Snowmobile show registration 9 a.m. to noon, judging noon, trophies at 12:30 p.m. and vintage ride at 1 p.m.; door prizes throughout the day. Info: (218) 791-5984.
- Jan. 29: 38th annual Devils Lake Volunteer Fire Department ice fishing tournament , 1 p.m., Six-Mile Bay of Devils Lake. More than $325,000 in fishing and raffle prizes, including trucks, cars, outdoor gear, vacation trips, guns, TVs, snow blowers and more. Pre-tournament events on tap Thursday, Jan. 27, and Friday, Jan. 28, in the Devils Lake Memorial Building. Info: dlvfdicefishingtourney.com .
- Feb. 5: 22nd Annual Larimore Vets Club Fishing Tournament, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Larimore Dam near Larimore, North Dakota. Prizes for top perch, pike, walleye, bass and crappie. Drawings for prizes and awards set for 3 p.m. at Willy's Bar in Larimore; need not be present to win. Tickets $10, includes $2.50 tournament fee and $7.50 raffle ticket fee.
- Feb 12: Ice Buster Daze Fishing Derby, Red Lake River in Crookston. Registration begins at 11 a.m. at Central Park, with fishing from 1 to 4 p.m. Entry fee $25 per hole, including one sloppy Joe supper; raffle and supper from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Crookston Inn. Ticket sales limited to 350; fishing prizes to 17th place and numerous raffle prizes will be offered (need not be present to win raffle prizes). Tickets/info: Brian, (218) 281-7762; or Hardware Hank, (218) 281-1749.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is continuing its series of hunting, fishing and outdoor learning webinars through late February. The webinars, which are free, begin at noon Wednesdays, and pre-registration is required at
. Webinars also are recorded and available online. Upcoming webinars are as follows:
- Jan. 12: Ice angling for panfish, about tips and techniques for catching sunfish, crappie and perch on the ice.
- Jan. 19: Darkhouse spearing, about the thrill of spearing northern pike through a hole in the ice.
- Jan. 26: Winter squirrel hunting, about what to consider when hunting squirrels in winter, including tactics, strategies, gear and ways to prepare squirrels for the table.
- Feb. 9: Introduction to winter camping, about some of the equipment needed, tips and tricks to help campers enjoy the adventure and a few reasons why winter might be the best time to go camping.
- Feb. 16: Introduction to maple syruping, about tips on collecting sap, boiling the sap and bottling the results.
- Feb. 23: Archery bowhunting basics, about selecting a hunting compound bow and the bow accessories needed to hunt effectively; a great program for those ready to transition from target archery to archery hunting.