Twin Cities RV and camping show canceled, Vintage snowmobile show coming up on Outdoors Calendar
To get an event in the Outdoors Calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5 p.m. Wednesdays.
To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1148 or by email at
. Deadline is 5 p.m. Wednesdays.
- (CANCELED DUE TO COVID) Feb. 3-6: Minneapolis-St. Paul RV, Vacation and Camping Show, Minneapolis Convention enter, 1301 Second Ave. S., Minneapolis. Info: msprvshow.com .
- Feb. 5: 10th annual East Grand Forks Vintage Snowmobile Show (in memory of Anna Kozel), Blue Moose Bar and Grill, 507 Second St. NW, East Grand Forks. Registration from 9 to 11 a.m., raffle from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. inside the Blue Moose, sled run (weather permitting) at 12:30 p.m., and awards and door prizes at 3:30 p.m. Info: Merlyn Werner, (218) 779-6161; or Al Seydel, (701) 740-7552.
- Feb. 6: Winter Fest, 1 to 5 p.m., Agassiz Environmental Learning Center, 400 Summit Ave. SW, Fertile, Minnesota. Activities include horse wagon rides, skiing and snowshoeing, along with activity stations on winter safety, outdoor exercise and well-being, animal furs and animal tracks. Event is free, and there will be prizes and refreshments. Info: Stacy Erickson or Lisa Liden, (218) 945-3136 or email@example.com .
- Feb. 19: Snowshoe lacing workshop, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Rydell National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center, 17788 349th St. SE, Erskine, Minnesota. Participants will learn how to lace their own pair of Ojibwa-style snowshoes. Class limited to 12 participants, and pre-registration is required no later than Feb. 11. Hosted by the Friends of Rydell and Glacial Ridge Refuges Association. Info: Lynda Knutsen, (218) 689-2430; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Snowshoe Class” in the subject line.
- Feb. 26: Candlelight Ski and Owl Prowl event, 6 to 9:30 p.m., Rydell National Wildlife Refuge, 17788 349th St. SE, Erskine, Minnesota. Golden Pond and Church Lake trails will be groomed and lit with luminaries. Multiple owl-calling stations will be set up along the trails to try and generate a response. Trails will be open to skiing, snowshoeing or hiking. Hosted by the Friends of Rydell and Glacial Ridge Refuges Association. Event will be canceled or rescheduled if temperatures are below zero or wind chills are double-digits below zero. Info: Gregg Knutsen, (218) 686-4329 or email@example.com.
- Feb. 26: Snofest and Snowmobile North Dakota State Ride, Langdon, North Dakota. Info: Cody Schlittenhard, (701) 370-0629; or Moonlighters Snowmobile Club on Facebook .
- Feb. 26: Northwest Angle Edge Riders Snow Rally, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Flag Island Resort on Lake of the Woods. Floor raffle, door prizes, radar run, Goose Bump Jump, 50/50 raffle, lunch and more. Rally trail ride at 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 25; meet at Flag Island Resort. $5 and $20 raffle tickets sold at select businesses throughout Roseau and Lake of the Woods counties. Info: nwaedgeriders.org ; facebook.com/northwestangleedgeriders .
- March 5: 16th annual Warren SnowDaze Vintage Snowmobile Show and Ride, American Legion, Warren, Minnesota. Snowmobile show registration 9 a.m. to noon, judging noon, trophies at 12:30 p.m. and vintage ride at 1 p.m.; door prizes throughout the day. Info: (218) 791-5984.
- Jan. 29: 38th annual Devils Lake Volunteer Fire Department ice fishing tournament , 1 p.m., Six-Mile Bay of Devils Lake. More than $325,000 in fishing and raffle prizes, including trucks, cars, outdoor gear, vacation trips, guns, TVs, snow blowers and more. Pre-tournament events on tap Thursday, Jan. 27, and Friday, Jan. 28, in the Devils Lake Memorial Building. Info: dlvfdicefishingtourney.com .
- Feb. 5: 22nd Annual Larimore Vets Club Fishing Tournament, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Larimore Dam near Larimore, North Dakota. Prizes for top perch, pike, walleye, bass and crappie. Drawings for prizes and awards set for 3 p.m. at Willy's Bar in Larimore; need not be present to win. Tickets $10, includes $2.50 tournament fee and $7.50 raffle ticket fee.
- Feb. 6: 65th Annual Knights of Columbus Fishing Derby, 1 to 3 p.m., Thief River Falls. Derby will be held on the Red Lake River by the Eighth Street Bridge on state Highway 1 across from Northland Community and Technical College. A raffle drawing for one $1,000 cash prize, one $500 cash prize and five $100 cash prizes will be held at 3 p.m. on the ice. In addition, $100 will be awarded for the largest northern pike and largest walleye, along with a $50 cash prize for the first fish to be weighed in. Tickets are available from Knights of Columbus members, at most convenience stores, KTRF Radio and at the fishing derby entrance. Info: Robert Buresh, (218) 686-0245.
- Feb 12: Ice Buster Daze Fishing Derby, Red Lake River in Crookston. Registration begins at 11 a.m. at Central Park, with fishing from 1 to 4 p.m. Entry fee $25 per hole, including one sloppy Joe supper; raffle and supper from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Crookston Inn. Ticket sales limited to 350; fishing prizes to 17th place and numerous raffle prizes will be offered (need not be present to win raffle prizes). Tickets/info: Brian, (218) 281-7762; or Hardware Hank, (218) 281-1749.
- Feb. 19: Springsteel Resort Fishing Derby, noon to 3 p.m., Muskeg Bay on Lake of the Woods at Springsteel Resort north of Warroad, Minn. Prizes down to fourth place for largest walleye, northern pike and perch, and a $200 prize for the largest burbot. Nearly 60 raffle prizes, including the first prize of $10,000 cash; need not be present for raffle prizes. Tickets: $20, available at all of the gas stations and many businesses in Warroad, along with Denny’s Outdoor Sports and Holiday in Roseau, Minnesota, and Rivers Edge Station and the American Legion in Greenbush, Minnesota. Info: Springsteel Resort, (218) 386-1000; Warroad Chamber, (218) 386-3543; or online at visitwarroad.com .
- March 9, 16, 17: Catfish University, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Expressway Inn and Suites, 4303 17th Ave. S., Fargo. Red River catfish guide Brad Durick will conduct three, two-hour sessions: Part 1, Introduction to Catfishing; Part 2, Catching Catfish; Part 3, Advanced Catfishing. Cost: $20 per seminar or $50 for all three; those who enroll in all three sessions will be entered into a drawing for prizes to be drawn March 17. Info:
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is continuing its series of hunting, fishing and outdoor learning webinars through late February. The webinars, which are free, begin at noon Wednesdays, and pre-registration is required at
. Webinars also are recorded and available online. Upcoming webinars are as follows:
- Jan. 26: Winter squirrel hunting, about what to consider when hunting squirrels in winter, including tactics, strategies, gear and ways to prepare squirrels for the table.
- Feb. 9: Introduction to winter camping, about some of the equipment needed, tips and tricks to help campers enjoy the adventure and a few reasons why winter might be the best time to go camping.
- Feb. 16: Introduction to maple syruping, about tips on collecting sap, boiling the sap and bottling the results.
- Feb. 23: Archery bowhunting basics, about selecting a hunting compound bow and the bow accessories needed to hunt effectively; a great program for those ready to transition from target archery to archery hunting.