DU banquets, Beltrami County CWD meetings coming up on outdoors calendar
To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1148 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Wednesdays.
To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline is 5 p.m. Wednesdays.
- Sept. 19: Forks Rifle Club hunters rifle match, 1 p.m., Forks Rifle Club shooting range, 2051 12th Ave. NE; $5 entry fee. Info: Mike Uhlir, (701) 739-3784; or Gordy Linnell, (218) 779-1784. Info/directions: forksrifleclub.org.
- Sept. 28: Meeting to discuss chronic wasting disease in Beltrami County, 6 to 8 p.m., Bemidji High School commons, 2900 Division St. W., Bemidji. Info: mndnr.gov/cwd.
- Sept. 29: Meeting to discuss chronic wasting disease in Beltrami County, 6 to 8 p.m., Kelliher High School commons, 345 Fourth St. N.W., Kelliher, Minn. Info: mndnr.gov/cwd.
- Oct. 16: Fall Luminary Walk, Turtle River State Park, 3084 Park Ave. NE, Arvilla, ND. Info:
or (701) 795-3180.
Oct. 15: Devils Lake Ducks Unlimited dinner, 6 p.m., Knights of Columbus, 522 Fourth St. NE, Devils Lake. Tickets/info: ducks.org and click “Find Event” link.
Oct. 23: Agassiz Ducks Unlimited 10th Anniversary banquet, 5:30 p.m., Middle River Legacy Center, 335 Fourth St. N., Middle River, Minn. More than $25,000 in total prizes. Tickets/info: Josh Veselka, (218) 686-4265; Shawn Larson, (218) 230-5074; or Aaron Munter, (218) 689-2113.
Oct. 27: Finley Fire & Ice Raffle Night, 6 p.m., Rumors Tavern, 213 Fourth St. W. Finley, N.D. Tickets: $10 single, $25 includes DU membership. Tickets/info: Terry, (701) 890-5770.
Nov. 13: Ducks Unlimited and Pekin Rod & Gun Club fundraiser, 6 p.m., Pekin Community Center, 200 Main St., Pekin, N.D. Donation and membership $25. Tickets/info: Terry, (701) 890-5770.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is continuing its series of hunting, fishing and outdoor learning webinars in September and continuing through late November. The webinars, which are free, begin at noon Wednesdays, and pre-registration is required at mndnr.gov. Upcoming webinars are as follows:
Sept. 22: Waterfowl hunting basics, including tips and resources on how to get started.
Sept. 29: Fall bass fishing tips, tackle and techniques.
Oct. 6: Bird hunting with a pointing dog, and the training required for both the owner and dog to become a team in the field.
Oct. 13: Pheasant hunting strategies, techniques and how to get started chasing longtails.
Oct. 20: Bats of Minnesota and why many consider them a great backyard visitor.
Oct. 27: The latest on chronic wasting disease (CWD) in Minnesota and what hunters need to know about this disease and what the DNR is doing to manage it.
Nov. 3: Preparing for the firearms deer season, including last-minute tips, reminders, strategies to be successful this deer season.
Nov. 10: Muzzleloader hunting tips and techniques.
Nov. 17: Creating habitat in your woods to attract more wildlife.
Nov. 24: Nature Rx, ahead of Free Park Friday at all 75 Minnesota state parks, about the health benefits of getting outdoors in parks, forests and other natural settings.
Oct. 5: Virtual fishing seminar with Devils Lake fishing guide and tournament walleye pro Johnnie Candle, 7 p.m. Event will focus on walleyes, northern pike and white bass, beginning with a 15- to 20-minute seminar, followed by a question-and-answer session, and will stream at facebook.com/devilslake .
- Oct. 16: 11th annual Chili Bowl Walleye Tournament, Border View Lodge on the Rainy River near Baudette, Minn. Entry fee $125 per two-person team, with a maximum of 75 teams. Info/registration: borderviewlodge.com or (800) 776-3474.