UND held its 17th fall camp practice Thursday morning at Memorial Stadium. Here are a few details to know about it:
The scene: After two days without regular practice, the team went through Day 17 (apparently we're skipping Day 16) of fall camp. The team snapped a team photo Tuesday and took care of some academics Wednesday. On Thursday, the temperature was 53 and sunny at the start of practice at 8:45 a.m. and 68 degrees at the end of practice a little more than two hours later. UND athletic director Bill Chaves and associate athletic director Kyle Doperalski were in attendance on perhaps the final day categorized as camp before the Fighting Hawks turn attention to Week 1 foe Drake.
Participation note: UND is as healthy as any recent fall camp. Wide receiver Izzy Adeoti, who has slowly been working into drills as he recovers from a leg injury, took part in team drills Thursday.
Play of the day: True freshman quarterback Tommy Schuster found senior wide receiver Noah Wanzek on a sideline route. Wanzek went up with full extension to pull down the pass.
Looking good: True freshman safety Matt Koshiol, a 6-foot-3 Cold Spring, Minn., native, intercepted a Schuster pass late in practice. Koshiol has returned to action the past few days after missing a few with a minor injury.
Next up: The team is expected to go through a lighter-than-normal practice on Friday at 8:45 a.m.
Day 17 notes
- Redshirt freshman Jacob Odom has switched sides of the ball. The 6-foot Odom, of Wheaton, Ill., played in four games as a cornerback in 2018 but maintained his redshirt status. Odom was fighting for depth playing time at corner through fall camp but has switched to wide receiver -- a position he spent time at on the scout team late last year.
- UND ended practice working on Hail Marys. Typically, Hawks defenders let the offense complete the play but cornerback Hayden Blubaugh decided to bat away a heave for Garett Maag.
- Practice started with a strong showing from the No. 1 offense. On the first play, starting quarterback Nate Ketteringham hit Wanzek on a perfect slant pattern.
- True freshman wide receiver Chrysten Cochran saw a lot of reps early in practice, perhaps an indication the staff plans to play Cochran early this year and see if he should play more than just four games.
- Bubba Schweigert ended practice by stressing the importance of Thursday night's Fan Fest.
UND fall football camp coverage
Day 17 (Aug. 22): New OL coach preaches versatility | Day 17 roundup |