To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• May 3: Lake of the Woods chapter of the Ruffed Grouse Society banquet, Springsteel Resort, 38004 Beach St., Warroad, Minn. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., with dinner at 7:30. Info: Jared Olafson, (218) 242-1005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• April 23: North Dakota Chapter of Backcountry Hunters and Anglers Pint Night, 6 to 9 p.m., Crooked Pint Ale House, 1930 S. Columbia Road, Grand Forks. Learn more about the public lands advocacy group and its North Dakota projects and priorities. Info: Adam Leitschuh, North Dakota chapter chairman, email@example.com
• April 26: 2019 Glenn Allen Paur Memorial Seminar, noon, UND Education Room 7. Guest speaker is UND alumna Virginia Steinhaus DuBowy, chief of resources at Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area and first woman to graduate from UND's Fisheries and Wildlife Biology bachelor's program. Presented by UND Wildlife Society and Biology Department.
• April 27: Minnesota Prairie Chicken Society 46th annual meeting, 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Callaway Event Center, 403 Main Ave., Callaway, Minn. Events schedule/more info: Travis Issendorf, (218) 844-3405 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• April 27-28: 25th annual Fertile Agassiz Dunes Bowhunter 3-D Shoot, Agassiz Environmental Learning Center, 400 Summit Ave. SW, Fertile, Minn. Shooting times are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, April 27 and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 28. Entry fees are $20 adult, $10 youth and free for archers 12 and younger; second round half price; 30 targets. Info: (218) 945-6213.
• May 4: Roseau-Lake of the Woods Sportsman Club membership drive and fish fry, 4 to 7 p.m., The Hawk, state Highway 11, Roosevelt, Minn. Meals $15 per person, $8 for 12 and younger; raffles, door prizes. Memberships $15 single, $35 with membership to ATVAM or $25 family, $45 with ATVAM.
• May 11: Sullys Hill Nature Festival, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sullys Hill National Game Preserve near Devils Lake. Auto tour route reopens for the season at noon, guided trail hikes, photo scavenger hunt, concessions and more. Info: www.facebook.com/friendsofsullyshill.
• May 15: Min-Dak Border Chapter of the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association 1st Annual Spring Gun Raffle, 8 p.m., American Legion, 1009 Central Ave. NW, East Grand Forks. Raffle tickets cost $50, and 350 tickets are available. Info: Allen Honek, (218) 791-7708 or Travis Pawlowski, (701) 213-3858.
• May 1: Sign-up night for Red River Valley Catfish League, 7 p.m., Up North Pizza, 314 Fourth St. NW, East Grand Forks. River levels permitting, league season is set to begin Wednesday, May 8 at the North Landing in Grand Forks, alternating every other Wednesday with LaFave Park in East Grand Forks. Info: www.rrvcatfish.com or Brad Durick, (701) 739-5808 or email@example.com.
• July 27-28: Cats Incredible Catfish Tournament, Red River in Grand Forks and East Grand Forks. LaFave Park in East Grand Forks is tournament headquarters; entry fee $230 per two-person team. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 399-3474.
• April 24: Captains meeting for summer 2019 sporting clays league season, 7 p.m., Dakota Hunting Club and Kennel clubhouse, rural Grand Forks. Open to anyone who wants to join or start a sporting clays team. Info: Mike Elgin, (701) 775-2074.
• May 5: Fiocchi Ammunition and Gerrells Sports Center Fun Shoot, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Dakota Hunting Club, Grand Forks. Mike Elgin, (701) 775-2074 or Kevin Smith, (701) 662-8133.
• May 29: Informational meeting, registration and orientation for 2019 Ladies Sporting Clays program, 6:30 p.m., Dakota Hunting Club and Kennel, 1854 11th Ave. NE, Grand Forks. Info: Greg LaHaise, (218) 791-3622 or Mike Elgin, (701) 772-8789 (leave message).
Permit to Carry
• April 27: North Dakota Class I and II Permit to Carry training, 8 a.m., Holiday Inn Express, Grand Forks. Info: Bill Collison, (701) 740-8674; www.permittocarry.org.
• April 27: Minnesota, Florida and Arizona Permit to Carry training, 11 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela's. Info: Tom Ramirez, (218) 252-3326; www.permittocarry.org.