Walleye pro Max Wilson of Lomira, Wis., had a big day Friday, weighing in 18.62 pounds of walleyes with amateur co-angler partner Scott Mathson of Fargo to win the Cabela's National Walleye Tour Championship that wrapped up Friday on Lake of the Woods.
Sportsman's Lodge north of Baudette, Minn., was tournament headquarters.
Wilson rallied from fifth place after day two to post a three-day total of 45.83 pounds of walleyes to win the championship.
The prize package included two fully rigged Ranger boats for first and second place in the pro angler category and a Ranger boat with 115-horsepower Mercury four-stroke, valued at $27,295, for Mathson, the first-place co-angler.
The NWT championship, which paired pro anglers with different co-angler partners each day, started Wednesday with 71 boats, and the top 10 pros and top 10 co-anglers after the first two days of competition took to the water for Friday's championship-deciding finale.
Walleye pro Mike Olson of Thompson, N.D., who was in seventh place going into Friday's championship, weighed in 16.13 pounds of walleyes Friday to finish fourth in the tournament with a three-day total of 42.71 pounds.
Teams could weigh in five walleyes daily, with one walleye longer than 28 inches allowed in that limit. All walleyes from 19½ inches to 28 inches had to be released.
Here's a look at the final results in the pro and co-angler divisions.
• First: Max Wilson, Lomira, Wis., 15 fish, 45.83 pounds.
• Second: Nick Schertz, Tomahawk, Wis., 15 fish, 45.55 pounds.
• Third: Robert blosser, Poynette, Wis., 15 fish, 44.93 pounds.
• Fourth: Mike Olson, Thompson, 15 fish, 42.71 pounds.
• Fifth: Brett King, Hagger City, Wis., 15 fish, 41.80 pounds.
• Sixth: Drake Herd, Alexandria, Minn., 15 fish, 39.35 pounds.
• Seventh: Gary Maher, Menoken, N.D., 15 fish, 36.36 pounds.
• Eighth: Rick Olson, Mina Lake, S.D., 15 fish, 36.07 pounds.
• Ninth: Jason Przekurat, Stevens Point, Wis., 15 fish, 34.06 pounds.
• 10th: Kevin McQuoid, Isle, Minn., 15 fish, 32.55 pounds.
• First: Scott Mathson, Fargo, 15 fish, 46.75 pounds.
• Second: Glenn Trudeau, Frankfort, Ill., 15 fish, 46.31 pounds.
• Third: Aaron Johnson, Devils Lake, 15 fish, 44.13 pounds.
• Fourth: Jeremy Brenner, Eldorado, Wis., 15 fish, 43.11 pounds.
• Fifth: John Herd, Alexandria, Minn., 15 fish, 42.56 pounds.
• Sixth: Dillon Robinson, Walnut Grove, Minn., 15 fish, 40.62 pounds.
• Seventh: Terry Hora, Iowa City, Iowa, 15 fish, 37.77 pounds.
• Eighth: Eric Sherrill, Ray, N.D., 15 fish, 37.54 pounds.
• Ninth: Randall Vandezande, Waupaun, Wis., 15 fish, 35.17 pounds.
• 10th: Dave Nichols, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 15 fish, 33.77 pounds.
More info: nationalwalleyetour.com.