PIERRE, S.D. • The South Dakota Department of Agriculture and Department of Environment and Natural Resources said on Monday, Dec. 21, that they are seeking to fill internships and season position for the summer 2021.
These are paid positions and provide the opportunity to garner real-world experience, the departments said in a joint news release. Internships are available in the following programs and locations:
· Forestry Health and Rural Forestry, located in Rapid City
· Community Forestry, located in Sioux Falls
· State Fair, Marketing/Events, located in Huron
· Plant Pest Survey Specialist, three positions, Statewide
· Surface Water Quality, two positions, located in Pierre
· Watershed Protection, multiple positions, located in Pierre, Vermillion, or Rapid City
· Wildland Fire, located in Rapid City
Seasonal positions include:
· Recycling and Waste Pesticide Program, two positions, located in Pierre
· Water Rights Program, four positions, statewide
· Geological Survey, three positions, Vermillion
An agricultural science, environmental science, or engineering background is preferred for some positions. All positions require good oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work cooperatively with private land and business owners and the general public.
For specific information requirements, check out the South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources at https://bhr.sd.gov/ or call 605-773-3148.