Coronavirus or no coronavirus, it’s time for another edition of “Reader Feedback.” Often imitated, never duplicated, it’s the column dedicated to my readers. It lets you know what readers are saying to me or about me on emails, Facebook or in other columns.
About 90% of the comments are wonderful. Here are some of them:
- “I need humor and hope to get me through these rough times, and here you are! Thanks for both.”
- “Spot on Jim. Thank you for your continuous bravery in the name of truth.”
- “Jim, so refreshing to read your blend of sanity, common sense, and thoughtfulness.”
- “You are a model to us all in terms of fighting for justice with your great columns.”
- “Again, nothing but common sense and truth! You are a great treasure,” and “You keep us sane, you make us laugh, and you make us think!”
Thank you very much for those touching comments. It’s so gratifying to know I am connecting with many readers. Now, it’s time for a sampling of comments, along with my responses, from those who don’t exactly appreciate my work.
- From Jason: “Every time this guy writes something, I wonder where I can get whatever he’s on.”
Dear Jason, You can get it from reading newspapers and watching newscasts.
- From Harriet: “I thank God the majority of Americans voted for Trump!!!”
Dear Harriet, They didn’t.
- From Scott: “You wouldn’t know it from reading Jim Shaw gibberish.”
Dear Scott, Maha aha tipsy topsy rootintootin goslow iggily biggily withx O’may yowsa basil cousins little fly union underwear hipity bipity brighto otriggig icksnay 67 cents ras banyas talk show hosts.
- From Rob (in a column): “If people like Shaw had their way, we’d have one idea, one view, in our forums.”
Dear Rob, Not true. I respect your right to write as many foolish columns as you want.
- From Patricia: “Do you not believe he (Trump) is trying as hard as he can to help us?”
Dear Patricia, I believe Trump is trying as hard as he can to help himself.
- From Kevin: “My 8-year-old son or daughter could have written a better article.”
Dear Kevin, I look forward to reading their columns. Where can I find them?
- From Chris: “How did Shaw ever get a job writing for The Forum? What are his credentials?
Dear Chris, I have two degrees in journalism from Trump University.
- From Geoff: “Has Jim Shaw always been this clueless?”
Dear Geoff, I’m sorry. I don’t understand what you are asking.
- That’s all for now. Keep those comments coming, and stay tuned for the next edition of “Reader Feedback.”