Weekly Devils Lake road report
Here is this week's highway construction report, along state and tribal roads in the Devils Lake Basin: Paving started today on N.D. Highway 19, beginning at Six Mile Bay, with construction moving toward Minnewaukan, N.D., and two other areas. We...
Here is this week's highway construction report, along state and tribal roads in the Devils Lake Basin:
Paving started today on N.D. Highway 19, beginning at Six Mile Bay, with construction moving toward Minnewaukan, N.D., and two other areas. Weather permitting, that paving could be completed this week.
A pilot car will be in place at the paving areas but roads will be open to two-lane traffic in the evening. Delays are estimated at 5 to 10 minutes when pilot cars in place. A traffic signal is in place at these locations to signal traffic to stop and wait for the pilot car.
Crews will also be hauling material and placing rock. Traffic is running at 30 mph in these construction areas. The North Dakota Department of Transportation advises extreme caution while driving along Highway 19, because the roadways are very bumpy and slippery through the construction zones.
- From the junction of N.D. Highways 57 and 20 to the bridge on Highway 20, crews will be placing rip rap along the roadway on Tuesday. Flaggers will be present to stop traffic when needed. Other days this week, the road will be open to two-lane traffic on the temporary winter roadway. Speed limits are still reduced in this area.
- On Highway 20 by Camp Grafton, most of the roadway is open to two-lane traffic. Crews will be working on Tuesday from Camp Grafton to the intersection of Highway 57 and 20s. One lane will be closed and a pilot car will be in place. They will also be making repairs to the rocks around the bridge on Highway 20 and a flagger will be present at this location also on Tuesday.
- The main entrance to Camp Grafton will be open on Tuesday. Until then, all vehicles are to use the temporary entrance off of Military Road.
- BIA Roads 1, 4 & 5 remain closed, to ALL traffic. Traffic is being detoured to BIA 15 and BIA 6 (detouring to Ski Jump Road. Crews will be out doing touch-up work this week. (BIA 4 will remain closed between BIA 1 & 5 throughout the winter.)
- Crews are working on patching BIA 15 near Highway 57. Flaggers will be present at this location. Increased traffic congestion is expected at the intersection of BIA 15 and Highway 57. On Highway 57, crews will begin work around the bridge area on Highway 57 making repairs to the rocks Monday and Tuesday, then will move towards the entrance to Sullys Hill on Wednesday. Flaggers will be in place to stop traffic at these locations. Trucks will begin hauling material on Monday in this location.
For more information on the Devils Lake Basin Road Construction projects, visit the website at http://www.devilslakeroadreport.com or email Suzie at the Devils Lake Chamber of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also call the Devils Lake Chamber office at (701) 662-4903.