THE LIST: 'Jody M. Smith' ... 'Kids Story Hour' ... 'Manhattan Piano Trio' ... more
Jody M. Smith - March exhibit in downtown Grand Forks: Photographer Jody M. Smith will be artist of the month for March at Harvest Gallery of Amazing Grains in downtown Grand Forks. Her show will be up from Wednesday through April 7. Smith said h...
Jody M. Smith
- March exhibit in downtown Grand Forks: Photographer Jody M. Smith will be artist of the month for March at Harvest Gallery of Amazing Grains in downtown Grand Forks. Her show will be up from Wednesday through April 7. Smith said her interest in photography began in her youth and increased after she moved to northwestern Montana in 1991 and was inspired by the beautiful scenery. "Over the years, my subjects have mainly included Montana, North Dakota and Minnesota scenes," Smith said. Info: (701) 775-4542.
Kids Story Hour
- March at UND Bookstore: Here's a schedule for Kid's Story Time at UND Bookstore through the month of March. Wednesday, 10 a.m.; March 6, 11 a.m.: "Cinderella," Disney; "The Rough-Face Girl," Rafe Martin and David Shannon; "The Marshmallow Incident," Judi Barrett. Craft: Pumpkin picture frame. March 10, 10 a.m.; March 13, 11 a.m.: "How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night?," "How Do Dinosaurs Love their Dogs?," How do Dinosaurs Eat their Food?," Jane Yolen and Mark Teague. Craft: Color dinosaurs. March 17, 10 a.m.; March 20, 11 a.m.; "The Fabulous Bouncing Chowder," "Chowder," Peter Brown. Craft: Leprechaun paper bag puppets. March 24, 10 a.m.; March 27, 11 a.m.: "Froggy's First Kiss," "Froggy's Sleepover," "Froggy Plays Soccer," Jonathon London. Craft: Make paper frogs. March 31, 10 a.m.; April 3, 11 a.m.: "Otis," Loren Long; "The Bully from the Black Lagoon," Mike Thaler; "Little Cloud and Lady Wind," Toni Morrison and Slade Morrison. Craft: Cloud pictures. Info: (701) 777-2746.
- Monday in East Grand Forks: East Grand Forks Campbell Library will host photographer Doug Ohman in conjunction with the annual Northern Exposures photography contest and exhibit that will open Monday night. Ohman, a freelance photographer, will speak from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday. The opening reception for "Northern Exposures" will be from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Ohman, who has explored many of Minnesota's historic sites and structures, will share stories and information about some of the state's most treasured buildings. Info: (218) 773-9121.
Holly & Orbison
- March 6 at the Empire: "I Remember Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison," presented by Shadows Tribute Shows of Fargo, will return to Empire Arts Center in Grand Forks at 7 p.m. March 6. A similar Feb. 2 show at the Empire sold out. Tickets: Advance, $19, available at Chester Fritz box office, (701) 777-4090; $23 at the door.
Manhattan Piano Trio
- March 7 in Grand Forks: The Manhattan Piano Trio, hailed as one of the most creative, exciting and dynamic young ensembles in the U.S., will perform at 2 p.m. March 7 at North Dakota Museum of Art, Grand Forks. The trio features Wayne Lee, violin; Dmitry Kouzov, cello; and Milana Strezeva, piano. Tickets: Members, $13; nonmembers, $15; students and military, $5. Call (701) 777-4195. March 8 show in Mayville, N.D.: The trio will perform at 7:30 p.m. March 8 at Mayville State University Classroom Building auditorium. Adults, $12.50; high school students, $5; MSU students with ID, free.
-- Herald staff reports