The List: 50th annual Hawley Art Show opens
Events listed as today in this calendar are Friday, April 7. o The 50th annual Hawley Art Show is from 1 to 9 p.m. today, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Hawley Community Center on Main Street in Hawley, Minn. Info: ...
Events listed as today in this calendar are Friday, April 7.
• The 50th annual Hawley Art Show is from 1 to 9 p.m. today, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Hawley Community Center on Main Street in Hawley, Minn. Info: 50th Annual Hawley Art Show on Facebook.
• The rock band Foreigner performs at 8 p.m. today in Shooting Star Casino, Mahnomen, Minn. Tickets start at $40. Info: www.StarCasino.com/tickets .
• Bruce Monro, a finalist for the Public Art Commission large-scale art project on 42nd Street, will speak at 8 p.m. today in the North Dakota Museum of Art on the UND campus. This lecture is free and open to the public. He also will speak at a brunch at 10 a.m. Saturday in the museum. The cost of the luncheon is $10. Call (701) 777-4195 to RSVP. Info:
•" target="_blank">www.publicartnd.org.• Dance to the Honky Tonk Troubadours at 8 p.m. to midnight today in the East Grand Forks Eagles Club. Cost: $5 at the door. Info: (701) 775-0980. • The "Leading Ladies" production is at 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday at Fire Hall Theatre, downtown Grand Forks. Tickets are $15 and $12 for seniors, students and military. If you come dressed in "drag," tickets are $12. The box office opens an hour before curtain time. Info: ggfct.com.
• Gardening Saturday: "Get the Latest Dirt on Gardening" is 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Saturday in the Alerus Center, Grand Forks. The featured speaker is Joe Bergeson from Bergeson Nursery. Cost: $50. Info: Visit bit.ly/2l75RCi to register.
• The 35th annual Prime Steel Car Show is from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday in the Purpur and Gambucci arenas, Grand Forks. Info: primesteelcarclub.com.
• Frost Fire Summer Theatre auditions are from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday and 7 to 8 p.m. Sunday in Faith Evangelical Free church, 1400 24th Ave. S., Grand Forks. Prepare a short vocal solo in country, bluegrass or gospel style. An accompanist is provided. If you play a folk instrument, bring and play it at your audition. Info: (701) 259-2384.
• TEDx Grand Forks' "Breaking Bread" is at 1:30 p.m. Saturday in HB Sound and Light, downtown Grand Forks. UND student tickets are $25, and general admission is $80. Tickets are limited and sold on a first-come basis. Info and tickets: tedxgrandforks.com.
• A Forks Fighters boxing event is at 3 p.m. Saturday in the Masonic Center, 423 Bruce Ave., Grand Forks. About 12 matches of male or female boxers, ages 10 to 30 years old. $5 admission. Info: Forks Fighters on Facebook.
• The annual Palm Sunday concert, "He Loved Them to the End," is at 9 a.m. Sunday in Sharon Lutheran Church, 1720 S. 20th St., Grand Forks. It is led by the Senior Choir in the traditional worship service, and all are welcome. Info: (701) 772-3122.
• The "Music in Bloom" annual fundraiser for Northern Valley Youth Orchestras is from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday in All Seasons Garden Center, Grand Forks. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. Tickets are available at All Seasons, the Empire Arts Center and from NVYO members. Info: novyo.org.
• UND Opera presents "Mosaic" at 2 p.m. Sunday in the Josephine Campbell Recital Hall, UND's Hughes Fine Arts Center on campus, Grand Forks. It is free and open to the public. Info: (701) 777-2835.
• "The Last Supper" drama is at 2 p.m. Sunday in the Hatton Community Center, Hatton, N.D. Several area churches are involved, and it is free and open to everyone. Info: (701) 430-0593.
• The King's Quartet Palm Sunday concert is at 2 p.m. Sunday in the Arts on Fifth, Stephen, Minn. The event is free. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org .
• The kick-off party for the Wild Hog Marathon is from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday in Wild Hog Smokehouse Bar and Grill, Grand Forks. Donations also will be presented to area youth organizations. Info: (218) 779-4743.
• Matt Hodek and the Dakota Dutchmen perform from 5 to 9 p.m. Sunday in the American Legion, East Grand Forks. Admission is $8 per person. Info: www.dakotadutchmen.com .
• The production of "Peter Pan Jr." by Schroeder Middle School is at 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday in the Red River High School Theatre, Grand Forks. Tickets are $5 at the door. Info: gfschools.org.
• The eighth annual Special Olympics Dancing for Special Stars event is at 6:15 p.m. Tuesday with a reception, followed by the performance at 7 p.m. in the Empire Arts Center, downtown Grand Forks. Meet the dancers after the performance. Info: empireartscenter.com.
• The Chamber's Shark Tank event is from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday in The 701 Building, 33 S. Third St., Suite D, Grand Forks. Participants will have one minute to pitch their business concept; $500 will be awarded for first place, $250 for second and third place. A pizza and cash bar will be available. The event is free, but RSVPs are required at email@example.com .
• Speaker Daniel Seddiqui on "Living the Map: 50 Jobs in 50 States" is at 5 p.m. Wednesday in UND's Memorial Union Ballroom, Grand Forks. This event is sponsored by UND Student Government and UND Career Services. Info: und.edu/student-government.
• The Family Nature Night is at 6 p.m. Thursday in the East Grand Forks Campbell Library. University of Minnesota-Crookston naturalists present family-oriented, interactive sessions focused on nature in the Red River Valley. This week's topic is "Trees." Info: www.egf.mn/index.aspx?nid=185 .
• The East Grand Forks Campbell Library is seeking local and regional artists for the Community Art Exhibit, which opens May 8. All media will be considered. Info: egflibrary.org.
• The UND Art Collections exhibit, "The Creative Impulse: Artists from North Dakota and the Broader Region," is on display through April 12 in the Empire Arts Center, downtown Grand Forks. Info:
•" target="_blank">und.edu/art-collections.• The art exhibit, "Shadows of Kenopsia," is on display through April 28 in the East Grand Forks Campbell Library. Info: egflibrary.org. • Zemer Peled's "Suspension" exhibit of porcelain sculptures runs through May 28 in the North Dakota Museum of Art on UND's campus. Info: ndmoa.com.
• The "Snow Country Prison: Interned in North Dakota" exhibit runs through May 29 in the North Dakota Museum of Art on UND's campus. Info: ndmoa.com.
• Susan Amundarain's exhibit, "Paintings," is currently showing through May 31 at the North Dakota Museum of Art, on UND's campus. Info: ndmoa.com.
• The "Discover Earth" exhibit is on display through June 16 in the Grand Forks Public Library. Info: (701) 772-8116.
The List compiles arts and entertainment events going on in the area throughout the next week. If you have an event to include, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. the Monday before it should appear in The List.