NEWS IN BUSINESS: Gate City lists donation recipients ... Once Upon a Child opens in GF
Gate City lists donation recipients Gate City Bank has donated $229,000 to regional organizations in the past several months, the bank said in a press release . Local recipients included the Community Violence Intervention Center, Grand Forks Cen...
Gate City lists donation recipients
Gate City Bank has donated $229,000 to regional organizations in the past several months, the bank said in a press release .
Local recipients included the Community Violence Intervention Center, Grand Forks Central High School and Grand Forks County Historical Society.
Additional donations were made to the American Diabetes Association, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Arthritis Foundation, March of Dimes, Muscular Dystrophy Association, North Dakota High School Rodeo Association, Boy Scouts of America -- Northern Lights Council, Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Make-A-Wish of North Dakota, Special Olympics of North Dakota, American Cancer Society and the Outdoor Adventure Foundation.
GFK Flight Support inks with Hiller Group
GFK Flight Support, a full service FBO in operation since 1993, located at Mark Andrews International Airport in Grand Forks, has signed with The Hiller Group for supply of their Phillips 66 aviation fuel and equipment.
N.D. Safety Council awarded
The North Dakota Safety Council received recognition for their efforts in several programs recently at the annual National Safety Council Congress and Expo in Orlando, Fla.
- The NDSC received two of the five Outstanding Chapter Awards for striving to meet the safety needs of citizens through community involvement and working to focus media on key safety issues.
- NDSC received the Outstanding Community Safety & Health Campaign Award for their Operation Lifesaver Officer On the Train event, held May 27 from Fargo to Williston.
- The NDSC was also recognized with the Outstanding National Safety Month Campaign Award for their promotions in June.
- The Emergency Care program received an award for Best Improvement for recruiting instructors.
- The Best Performance Award was presented to the NDSC for leading the field in training North Dakota motorists to be safer on the highways in North Dakota.
- The Alive at 25 program was also recognized with the 2008 Honorable Mention Award for constantly striving to reach as many motorists as possible.
Once Upon A Child opens in GF
Local families have a place to bring all of the children's clothes and toys that they seem to outgrow daily.
Once Upon A Child opened Nov. 4 at 2791 32nd Ave. S. in Grand Forks. The one-of-a-kind store buys and sells gently used name brand children's apparel, toys, baby equipment and furniture, as well as movies, books and other kid's items.
There are 230 franchised stores in the U.S. and Canada. Once Upon A Child is owned by Winmark Corporation, which also franchises Play It Again Sports, Plato's Closet, Music Go Round and Wirth Business Credit.
The Grand Forks store is run by the mother-daughter team of Bev Helgason and Tami Deziel. Store hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
For more information, visit www.ouac.com or
e-mail email@example.com .