MOVIES: 'Percy Jackson' ... 'Valentine's Day' ... 'Wolfman' ... more
New this week: - "Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightening Thief": A teenager discovers he's the descendant of a Greek god and sets out on an adventure to settle an ongoing battle between the gods. Based on the book by Rick Riordan. With...
New this week:
- "Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightening Thief": A teenager discovers he's the descendant of a Greek god and sets out on an adventure to settle an ongoing battle between the gods. Based on the book by Rick Riordan. With Logan Lerman, Alexandra Daddario, Brandon T. Jackson, Uma Thurman, Pierce Brosnan, Sean Beam, Rosario Dawson, Melina Kanakaredes, Catherine Keener, Kevin McKidd, Joe Pantoliano. Two hours. (PG)
- "Valentine's Day": Intertwining couples and singles in Los Angeles break up and make up based on the pressures and expectations of Valentine's Day. With Jessica Alba, Kathy Bates, Jessica Biel, Bradley Cooper, Eric Dane, Patrick Dempsey, Hector Elizondo, Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Garner, Topher Grace, Anne Hathaway, Ashton Kutcher, Queen Latifah, Taylor Lautner. George Lopez, Shirley MacLaine, Emma Roberts, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift. Two hours, five minutes. (PG13)
- "The Wolfman": Upon his return to his ancestral homeland, an American man (Benicio Del Toro) is bitten, and subsequently cursed by, a werewolf. With Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt, Hugo Weaving. Two hours, five minutes. (R)
Returning this week:
- "Avatar 3-D": A band of humans are pitted in a battle against a distant planet's indigenous population. Two hours, 46 minutes. (PG13)
- "The Blind Side": A poor teen is taken in by a well-to-do family with challenges and discoveries for all. Two hours, eight minutes. (PG13)
- "The Book of Eli": A lone warrior in the post-apocalypse fights to bring civilization the knowledge that could be the key to its redemption. One hour, 58 minutes. (R)
- "Boondocks Saints II: All Saints Day": Brothers living quietly in Ireland return to Boston when their beloved priest is killed by the mob. One hour, 58 minutes, (R)
- "Dear John": Over seven tumultuous years and dangerous deployments, a soldier and a college student stay in touch through their letters. One hour, 48 minutes. (PG13)
- "Edge of Darkness": A detective investigates his daughter's death and discovers her secret life, a cover-up and government collusion. One hour, 48 minutes. (R)
- "From Paris With Love": A trigger-happy, loose cannon agent leads an ambassador's young aide on a white-knuckle caper in Paris. One hour, 32 minutes. (R)
- "Legion": A diner becomes the battleground for survival of the human race when God sends angels to bring on the Apocalypse. One hour, 40 minutes. (R)
- "Sherlock Holmes": Holmes and his partner Watson engage in a battle of wits and brawn with a nemesis who threatens England. Two hours, eight minutes. (PG13)
- "Tooth Fairy": A hard-charging hockey player nicknamed "The Tooth Fairy" is sentenced to one week as a real tooth fairy. One hour, 41 minutes. (PG)
- "When in Rome": A young, ambitious New Yorker on a whirlwind trip to Rome encounters a fountain of love and is pursued by suitors. (PG13)
- Carmike 10, Grand Forks: (701) 772-4719; www.carmike.com .
- River Cinema, East Grand Forks: (218) 399-9000; www.rivercinema12.com .