Memorial Day events
North Dakota - Grand Forks: The American Legion Post No. 6 Memorial Day program is set for 9:30 a.m. Monday in Memorial Park Cemetery North. Bring lawn chairs. - Grand Forks: Memorial Day Mass will be celebrated by Bishop Samuel Aquila of the Cat...
- Grand Forks: The American Legion Post No. 6 Memorial Day program is set for 9:30 a.m. Monday in Memorial Park Cemetery North. Bring lawn chairs.
- Grand Forks: Memorial Day Mass will be celebrated by Bishop Samuel Aquila of the Catholic Diocese of Fargo at 10 a.m. Monday at Calvary Cemetery, Grand Forks, at Gateway Drive and Columbia Road. (In case of bad weather, Mass will be at St. Michael's Catholic Church.) Mass will be followed by a dedication ceremony at Calvary Cemetery South on Columbia Road five miles south of 32nd Avenue South. Bring lawn chairs.
- Grand Forks: The Disabled American Veterans, Andy Nomland, Chapter 2 and Veterans of Foreign Wars, Raymond W. Quesnell, Post 1874, and their auxiliaries will hold ceremonies at 11 a.m. Monday at the South Memorial Park Cemetery, 3002 S. Washington St., Grand Forks
- Michigan: The schedule for W.L. Cowper American Legion Post 238 for Monday is: 7:30 a.m., West Sarnia; 8 a.m., Enterprise Finnish; 8:30 a.m., Lomice; 9 a.m., Zahradka; 9:30 a.m., East Sarnia; 10 a.m., St. Andrew; 11:30 a.m., Melrose; noon, Michigan; 12:30 p.m., program at Michigan Civic Center.
- Milton: Memorial Day services begin at 10 a.m. Sunday at Little Star Theatre with dinner to follow at the American Legion. For more information, call (701) 496-3353.
- Pembina: A series of programs commemorating Memorial Day will take place Monday at the Pembina State Museum beginning with a memorial service at 10:30 a.m. Participants will include the Kern-Thompson American Legion Post 77 of Pembina, Canadian Legion Posts, and families of prisoners of war, those missing in action, and soldiers deceased. The ceremony will be followed by visitation to area gravesites, where wreaths will be laid by a Legion Honor Guard, and a wreath ceremony on the Pembina River Bridge, honoring those lost at sea. Lunch will be served by the Legion Auxiliary in the Pembina Community Center following the visitations.
- Manvel: Middle Grove Lutheran Church will host a Memorial Day luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday after a 10:30 a.m. graveside memorial services conducted by Manvel American Legion. The church is four miles west and four miles south of Manvel. This will be a Thrivent Financial for Lutherans Chapter Activity; a freewill offering will be taken.
- East Grand Forks: American Legion Post 157 and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3817 have set a Memorial Day service for 11 a.m. Monday at Resurrection Cemetery, East Grand Forks. Phil Bellefuille, Detroit Lakes, Minn., past 9th District commander, will be the speaker. Here's a schedule of Grand Forks Honor Guard cemetery visits for Monday: South Bethany Church, 8 a.m.; North Bethany Church, 8:15 a.m.; Holy Trinity and Czech National, 8:30 a.m.; Tabor Presbyterian, 8:45 a.m.; Tabor Catholic, 8:55 a.m.; Nisbet Cemetery, 9:30 a.m.; Resthaven Cemetery, 9:40 a.m.
- Climax: Mike McNamara will be the guest speaker at the Memorial Day program at 10:30 a.m. Monday at Sandhill Lutheran Church near Climax, Minn. The Color Guard ceremony will follow, then a noon luncheon.
To include a Memorial Day event here, please e-mail email@example.com .