HELPING HANDS: St. Joseph's Social Care... Reynolds Community Betterment... Sherry Slominski benefit
o March campaign: St. Joseph's Social Care and Thrift Store, 620 Eighth Ave. S., Grand Forks, is accepting donations of food or cash throughout March for the St. Joseph food bank. Info: JoAnn Brundin, (701) 795-8614.
• March campaign: St. Joseph's Social Care and Thrift Store, 620 Eighth Ave. S., Grand Forks, is accepting donations of food or cash throughout March for the St. Joseph food bank. Info: JoAnn Brundin, (701) 795-8614.
• Food for library fees: From Sunday through March 16, you can receive $2 off overdue fines at Grand Forks Public Library by bringing in one non-perishable food item. All collected food items will be donated to St. Joseph's Social Care and Thrift Store of Grand Forks.
• Community benefit: The Reynolds (N.D.) Community Betterment will have its annual Ham-Key (ham and turkey) Bingo and Cake Walk at 1 p.m. March 17 at the City Hall in Reynolds. Bring your friends and family for some fun on St. Patrick's Day. Concessions will be available. Cost: $1 per card per game/$1 per person per cake walk. Proceeds support community projects in and around Reynolds. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org ; or visit the Reynolds Community Betterment page on Facebook.
• Sherry Slominski benefit: A benefit for Sherry Slominski, who will undergo a bone marrow transplant in St. Louis, Mo., will be March 26 at the Thompson (N.D.) School. A spaghetti dinner will be 5 to 8 p.m. along with the All School Carnival 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Dinner will be by freewill offering. Tickets for the carnival will be 25 cents. Info: (701) 780-0847.
• Benefit basketball: The NVYP Sparks will play the Harlem Ambassadors professional basketball team at 7 p.m. March 28 at Grand Forks Red River High school as a benefit for RSVP + NE ND programs. The Harlem Ambassadors are a team of male and female basketball players who are drug-free, college-educated and dedicated to youth development. The NVYP Sparks have recruited law enforcement officers and other community leaders for its team, a news release said. Tickets are available for $10 at select Valley Dairy locations. Sponsors can purchase blocks of tickets for youth groups so they can attend the event free. Sponsors can provide monetary donations for future RSVP+ ND youth related events. Info: Kurtis Shelton, (701) 787-0043.