HELPING HANDS: Shriner fundraiser... Relay for Life... American Cancer Society fundraiser
Gas service: Shriners are holding Fill the Fez Friday today and May 30 at Dusterhoft Station Stores, 1970 32nd Ave. S. and 4315 DeMers Ave., Grand Forks. Volunteers will perform full service and fill 'er up for a donation, which will be used to b...
- Gas service: Shriners are holding Fill the Fez Friday today and May 30 at Dusterhoft Station Stores, 1970 32nd Ave. S. and 4315 DeMers Ave., Grand Forks. Volunteers will perform full service and fill ‘er up for a donation, which will be used to benefit the Shriners Children’s Hospital in Minneapolis. Info: (218) 791-6162.
- Poppy sale: The Grand Forks American Legion and Auxiliary will be selling poppies from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in Grand Forks. Make a donation and wear a poppy in honor of veterans. Proceeds will be used for veterans or veterans’ families in need of assistance. Poppies can be found at the Hugo’s, Walmart, Kmart and Home of Economy. Info: email@example.com .
- Relay for Life fundraiser: A Relay for Life team is holding its fundraiser 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Pizza Ranch, 3750 32nd Ave. S., Grand Forks. The restaurant will donate 20 percent of guest checks for dine-in, carry-out or delivery. Organizers also ask attendees to bring pop tops for the Ronald McDonald House. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- I dol contest: The Red Lake County Relay for Life will hold a Relay for Life Idol Contest modeled after “American Idol” to raise funds for the American Cancer Society. Ten finalists will be chosen to compete in the Relay for Life Idol Contest starting at 7 p.m. June 6 at the Oklee (Minn.) football field. Audience members can vote for their favorite contestant by making a donation to that singer’s bucket. Info: (218) 796-4613, email@example.com .
- Pancake breakfast: The Emerado (N.D.) Park District is holding a pancake breakfast from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 8 at the Emerado Community Center, 200 Main St. Proceeds will pay for game night for children.
- Motorcycle ride: The East Grand Forks Fire Department is hosting a Fireman’s Fun Motorcycle Run and Supper Feed June 14. Registration starts at 11 a.m. followed by ride out at noon from the East Grand Forks Eagles Club, 227 10th St. N.W. The cost is $10 per bike and $5 per passenger, and a meal is included with registration upon returning to the Eagles Club. There will also be a 50/50 drawing and poker run. Info: (218) 779-8188.
Share news about benefit events by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org ; include “Helping Hands” in the subject heading.