Helping hands: Rescue Mission campaign ... Library book sale ... Relay for Life run
Rescue Mission campaign: Northlands Rescue Mission has announced a special "GiveGRAND" fundraiser through Saturday. Through this campaign, all gifts made to the mission will be matched up to a total of $50,000 by the Tim and Sandy Crary Fund. Don...
- Rescue Mission campaign: Northlands Rescue Mission has announced a special “GiveGRAND” fundraiser through Saturday. Through this campaign, all gifts made to the mission will be matched up to a total of $50,000 by the Tim and Sandy Crary Fund. Donations can be made at www.givegrand.com . Info: (701) 772-6600 , ext. 219.
- Library book sale: The Friends of the Campbell Library in East Grand Forks are holding a book sale from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Books, movies and other media will be available throughout the day, and the proceeds will be used to support and enhance the library’s programming. Info: (218) 773-9121 .
- Relay for Life run: Team Kofstad and Relay for Life are hosting a Quick Feet 5K Walk/Run starting at 10 a.m. Saturday at the VFW Arena, 711 Third St. S.E., East Grand Forks. The run is to honor the memory of Lee Kofstad who died at 37 from pancreatic cancer. The cost of the race is $30 for adults and $20 for children 12 and younger, and all proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life. Registration forms can be found at on.fb.me/1ntYEuA . Info: TeamKofstad@gmail.com .
- Hospital fundraiser: The Pembina County Memorial Hospital Foundation is holding its Spring Style Show and Brunch starting at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Mountain (N.D.) Community Center, 286 Second Ave. S. The event will include brunch, a silent auction, door prizes and a style show from Annabelle’s Wish and Justine’s Jewelry and Gifts. All proceeds will be used for the hospital’s chemotherapy and infusion area. Info: (701) 265-6324 .
- Dollars for Scholars: High school students in Grand Forks and East Grand Forks will go door to door 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday to raise funds for higher-education tuition. They’ll wear light blue T-shirts identifying themselves as participants in the drive. The Kiwanis Club is helping to collect and distribute funds to the students. Info: (701) 775-9107 , firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Shopping night: Ladies Shopping Night in Downtown Grand Forks will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday. During this time, Adley Anne’s, RH Standard, Kittson, Hey Ocean, Avant and True Colors will hold extended hours. Customers can bring donations to benefit CVIC to their store of choice and receive 15 percent off select purchases and be entered to win door prizes. Info: (701) 757-4434 .
- Food shelf fundraiser: River Walk Artists Shop and Gallery is holding a fundraiser for the East Grand Forks Food Shelf Thursday through May 11. Customers can bring in canned goods or nonperishable food items and receive a discount on purchased items. Cash donations will also be accepted. Info: (218) 965-4216 .
- Relay for Life idol contest: The Red Lake County Relay for Life will hold a Relay for Life Idol Contest modeled after “American Idol” to raise funds for the American Cancer Society. Mini auditions will be held starting at 6:30 p.m. May 14 at the RLCC Elementary School in Plummer, Minn. Ten finalists will be chosen to compete in the Relay for Life Idol Contest starting at 7 p.m. June 6 at the Oklee (Minn.) football field. Audience members can vote for their favorite contestant by making a donation to that singer’s bucket. Info: (218) 796-4613 , email@example.com .
- Book drive: J.A. Hughes Elementary School is holding its second annual Summer Reading Book Drive and Give Away through May 16 to give students up to five books to help maintain their reading skills over the summer months. Donations can be sent to J.A. Hughes Elementary School, Attn: Book Drive, P.O. Box 7, Red Lake Falls, MN 56750.
Share news about benefit events by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org ; include “Helping Hands” in the subject heading.