Helping hands: Pancake breakfast ... Back to School drive ... Ellingson benefit
Pancake breakfast: The Greenbush-Badger Lions Club is holding a pancake breakfast from 7 to 9:30 a.m. today at the Greenbush (Minn.) Fire Hall, 244 Fourth St. N. The menu includes pancakes, ham, ice cream, strawberries, juice, milk and coffee, an...
- Pancake breakfast: The Greenbush-Badger Lions Club is holding a pancake breakfast from 7 to 9:30 a.m. today at the Greenbush (Minn.) Fire Hall, 244 Fourth St. N. The menu includes pancakes, ham, ice cream, strawberries, juice, milk and coffee, and all proceeds raised will go toward Lions Club Community Projects. Info: (218) 782-2486 .
- Back to School drive: The Grand Forks Salvation Army is hosting its annual Back to School drive from 1 to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Clients can sign up to receive school supplies for the coming school year. Donations of money and school supplies to support families are accepted all year long and are especially in need through August when students go back to school. Info: (701) 775-2597 .
- Ellingson benefit: A spaghetti supper and silent auction will be held for Sgt. Odney Ellingson from 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at the East Grand Forks Eagles Club. Ellingson is a retired police officer from the East Grand Forks Police Department and was recently diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer. All proceeds will benefit the Ellingson family. Info: (218) 773-1104 .
- Thompson Trot: The Thompson Trot will be held at 7 p.m. July 11 at the Southbrook Park in Thompson, N.D. The cost is $20 for adults, $10 for youth under 18 or $50 for family registration, and proceeds will go to the Thompson Area Food Cupboard. Register at thompsontrot.weebly.com . Info: (701) 740-2906 .
- Volunteer program: The Grand Forks Salvation Army has announced it will soon launch the “Do Gooder” Program, a volunteer outreach program designed to connect community members with volunteer needs. Volunteers can sign up at the Grand Forks Salvation Army, 1600 University Ave., and then the Salvation Army will reach out to various organizations so that volunteers are sent to locations in need. Info: (701) 775-2597 .
Share news about benefit events by emailing email@example.com ; include “Helping Hands” in the subject heading.