HELPING HANDS: Buddy Walk ... Amazing Race for Courage ... Arthritis Walk
o Buddy Walk: The Grand Cities Buddy Walk will take place at 1 p.m. Saturday in University Park in Grand Forks. The walk is being held to promote awareness and inclusion of people with Down Syndrome. There is no charge for the event, and T-shirts...
• Buddy Walk: The Grand Cities Buddy Walk will take place at 1 p.m. Saturday in University Park in Grand Forks. The walk is being held to promote awareness and inclusion of people with Down Syndrome. There is no charge for the event, and T-shirts will be available for a $15 donation. Info: (701) 787-7911.
• Amazing Race for Courage: Organizers of the Amazing Race for Courage Grand Forks are seeking donations from local businesses for the 10 a.m. Oct. 12 event at University Park. The race benefits the Red River Child Advocacy Center, which helps abused children. Info: George Jirout, Phi Alpha and Student Social Work Organization at UND, (701) 317-0752.
• Arthritis Walk: The Arthritis Foundation Upper Midwest Region will hold its Arthritis Walk Oct. 12 at Choice Health & Fitness in Grand Forks. Registration is at 8:30 a.m., followed by a talk from KayleighAnn, who was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis at age 7. The event starts with the Kids' Monster Dash ½ Mile at 9:20 a.m. and the Walk and Zombie 5K Fun Run at 9:30 a.m. Register at awgrandforks.kintera.org. Info: Kelly, (701) 388-1988.
• Diabetes walk: The American Diabetes Association will host "Step out: Walk to stop diabetes" at 9:30 a.m. Oct. 19 at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks. Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m. Register at www.diabetes.org/stepoutgrandforks . Info: (701) 234-0123.
• Pumps and lumps: Dusterhoft Family Stores employees in Grand Forks will wear pink and pump gas from 1 to 3 p.m. Fridays throughout the month of October during their "We tend the pumps, you tend the lumps" event to raise funds for breast cancer prevention. They will also donate a dollar for every "check-in" on Facebook and invite customers to donate a dollar with every purchase made. All proceeds will go to the Altru Cancer Center. The stores are at 4315 Demers Ave. and 1970 32nd Ave. S.
• Gallo benefit: A benefit fund has been set up at the University Credit Union for Joyce Gallo, who has been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's disease. The credit union has offices in the UND Memorial Union and at 1575 17th Ave. S., Grand Forks. Send donations by check or money order to be deposited in the benefit account for Michael Gallo.