HELPING HANDS: Art sale ... book drive ... motorcycle ride
Art sale: Altru Alliance is holding an art sale to raise funds from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. today in the lower level of Altru Hospital in rooms A through D. The proceeds will benefit Altru patients, families and the community. Info: (701) 780-5125.
- Art sale: Altru Alliance is holding an art sale to raise funds from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. today in the lower level of Altru Hospital in rooms A through D. The proceeds will benefit Altru patients, families and the community. Info: (701) 780-5125 .
- Book drive: J.A. Hughes Elementary School is holding its second annual Summer Reading Book Drive and Give Away through today to give students up to five books to help maintain reading skills over the summer months. Donations can be sent to J.A. Hughes Elementary School, Attn: Book Drive, P.O. Box 7, Red Lake Falls, MN 56750.
- Motorcycle ride: The Spring Legacy Ride will take place Saturday. Registration will take place at Andy’s Harley Davidson, 2756 N. Washington St., Grand Forks, from 10 to 11:30 a.m., followed by a bike blessing and kickstands up at noon. The ride will stop at the American Legion clubs in Argyle, Middle River, Thief River Falls and Red Lake Falls, all in Minnesota, and end at the East Grand Forks American Legion, 1009 Central Ave. N.W., with brats, beans and chips. The cost is $15 per rider, $5 per passenger and $5 for non-riders at the barbecue. Proceeds will go to the American Legion Legacy fund to benefit the children of fallen service members, as well as to local veterans in need. Info: 157ALR@gmail.com .
- Pancake fundraiser: The Fire Hall Theatre is hosting Pancakes with a Princess from 9 a.m. to noon Sunday at the East Grand Forks VFW, 711 Third St. S.E. Fire fighters at Grand Forks Air Force Base will prepare pancakes and sausages, and the Fire Hall Princesses will provide music. Proceeds will be used to benefit brick repair on the 109-year-old theatre. Info: (701) 746-0847 .
- Peppard benefit: A benefit will be held for Mick Peppard from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday at Immanuel Lutheran Church, 1710 Cherry St., Grand Forks, which includes a taco bar from Paradiso. Peppard was diagnosed three years ago with IgA nephropathy, a progressive kidney disease that has attacked every organ in his body and sent him to the hospital numerous times. Proceeds from the benefit will help with his medical expenses. Info: (701) 775-715.
- Poppy sale: The Grand Forks American Legion and Auxiliary will be selling poppies from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 24 in Grand Forks. Make a donation and wear a poppy in honor of veterans. Proceeds will be used for veterans or veterans’ families in need of assistance. Poppies can be found at the Hugo’s, Walmart, Kmart and Home of Economy. Info: email@example.com .
- Idol contest: The Red Lake County Relay for Life will hold a Relay for Life Idol Contest modeled after “American Idol” to raise funds for the American Cancer Society. Ten finalists will be chosen to compete in the Relay for Life Idol Contest starting at 7 p.m. June 6 at the Oklee (Minn.) football field. Audience members can vote for their favorite contestant by making a donation to that singer’s bucket. Info: (218) 796-4613 , firstname.lastname@example.org .
Share news about benefit events by emailing email@example.com ; include “Helping Hands” in the subject heading.