Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Fire department rules Wednesday's apartment fire was accidental

The Grand Forks Fire Department has concluded its investigation on the fire that occurred Wednesday morning at 2300 Library Lane. According to the department, the fire started in a vacant apartment under renovation on the third floor of the struc...

The Grand Forks Fire Department has concluded its investigation on the fire that occurred Wednesday morning at 2300 Library Lane.

According to the department, the fire started in a vacant apartment under renovation on the third floor of the structure and was accidental in nature. The fire was caused when maintenance workers were trying to repair a broken water pipe. While using a torch, workers were attempting to place a new fitting on the pipe when combustibles within the wall-space caught fire and quickly worked into additional void spaces, causing the fire to spread quickly.

No tenants were hurt in the fire, but a building maintenance worker sustained minor injuries trying to extinguish the fire. Tenants in four apartment units were displaced.

What To Read Next
Crisis pregnancy centers received almost $3 million in taxpayer funds in 2022. Soon, sharing only medically accurate information could be a prerequisite for funding.
The Grand Forks Blue Zones Project, which hopes to make Grand Forks not just a healthier city but a closer community, is hosting an event on Saturday, Jan. 21, at the Empire Arts Center from 3-5 p.m.
A bill being considered by the North Dakota Legislature would require infertility treatment for public employees — a step that could lead to requiring private insurance for the costly treatments.
2022 saw more than three times as many pediatric (up to age 5) cannabis edible exposures in Minnesota compared to 2021. Here's what you can do to prevent your toddler from getting into the gummies.