Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Candle causes mobile home fire

The lit candle was what started a fire Monday that caused $40,000 in damage to a Grand Forks mobile home, the fire department said Tuesday. The candle was left unattended in a bedroom and ignited combustible materials nearby, the department said....

The lit candle was what started a fire Monday that caused $40,000 in damage to a Grand Forks mobile home, the fire department said Tuesday.

The candle was left unattended in a bedroom and ignited combustible materials nearby, the department said. No one was at home when firefighters were called in the early morning hours to the home at 5339 Circle Drive N.

The department also issued safety guidelines, urging residents to blow out candles before leaving or falling asleep. Candles should also be at least 12 inches away from anything that can burn. Flameless candles are also an option.

Related Topics: FIRES
What To Read Next
Nonprofit hospitals are required to provide free or discounted care, also known as charity care; yet eligibility and application requirements vary across hospitals. Could you qualify? We found out.
Crisis pregnancy centers received almost $3 million in taxpayer funds in 2022. Soon, sharing only medically accurate information could be a prerequisite for funding.
The Grand Forks Blue Zones Project, which hopes to make Grand Forks not just a healthier city but a closer community, is hosting an event on Saturday, Jan. 21, at the Empire Arts Center from 3-5 p.m.
A bill being considered by the North Dakota Legislature would require infertility treatment for public employees — a step that could lead to requiring private insurance for the costly treatments.