Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Boy who ate detergent packet leaves hospital

FARGO -- The 1-year-old Hitterdal, Minn., boy hospitalized last month after eating part of a Tide Pod laundry detergent packet left Sanford Children's Hospital in Fargo on Thursday morning.

FARGO -- The 1-year-old Hitterdal, Minn., boy hospitalized last month after eating part of a Tide Pod laundry detergent packet left Sanford Children's Hospital in Fargo on Thursday morning.

On Sept. 28, Alex Rohde put one of the brightly colored, quick-dissolving pods in his mouth and became violently ill. He was taken by LifeFlight to Sanford, where he was on a ventilator in the pediatric intensive care unit for nearly a week.

Alex is doing well, but he lost some strength and mobility while hospitalized.

He headed home to Hitterdal, where he lives with his mother, Michelle Klienschmidt, father, Tom Rohde, and his siblings.

What To Read Next
Josh Sipes was watching an in-flight movie when he became aware the flight crew were asking for help assisting a woman who was experiencing a medical problem.
Nonprofit hospitals are required to provide free or discounted care, also known as charity care; yet eligibility and application requirements vary across hospitals. Could you qualify? We found out.
Crisis pregnancy centers received almost $3 million in taxpayer funds in 2022. Soon, sharing only medically accurate information could be a prerequisite for funding.
The Grand Forks Blue Zones Project, which hopes to make Grand Forks not just a healthier city but a closer community, is hosting an event on Saturday, Jan. 21, at the Empire Arts Center from 3-5 p.m.