Forum Communications writers earn national awards for work
The National Federation of Press Women awarded local communicators at the national conference in Fargo
FARGO — Four Forum Communications Company communicators earned national awards from the National Federation of Press Women at its annual conference in Fargo last month.
On the Minds of Moms editor Danielle Teigen, longtime columnist Roxane Salonen, marketing manager Kris Hauge, and Grand Forks Herald reporter Pam Knudson each earned awards for work produced in 2021.
Former Forum reporter Tracy Frank, who now works for Bell Bank, won the sweepstakes award, which is given to the person with the most points based on the places the work earns in the contest.
Teigen received first place in the News Story category for magazines. Her article, "Higher education met challenges of pandemic and are taking lessons learned into the future" , was written for Forum Communications' Impact Magazine in 2021. Impact Magazine also earned second place in the Magazine Supplement Category, while On the Minds of Moms earned second place in the Magazine Edited by Entrant Category.
Salonen received first place in Specialty Articles, Obituary; second place in Specialty Articles, Religion; and honorable mentions for work in the Arts & Entertainment, Newspaper Feature Story and Personal Opinion Column categories.
Hauge earned first place in the Advertising Poster, Billboard or Banner Category.
Grand Forks Herald reporter Pam Knudson earned second place for Specialty Articles, Physical Health as well as third place in Specialty Articles, Style; Continuing Coverage or Unfolding News; and Online Publication News Story.
She received honorable mentions for Specialty Articles, Social Issues; Reviews; and Hobby.
Frank nabbed first places for Radio and Television Advertising, Radio; Single Page Supplement or Section Edited by Entrant, Corporate or For Profit; Electronic Newsletter, Corporate or For Profit; and Single Page Supplement or Section Written by Entrant, Corporate or For Profit. She earned second places for Web and Social Media Copy and Public Relations Brochure. She earned honorable mentions in Television Advertising; Special Interest Video for Web; Headlines; and Single Advertisement.
Other local communicators who earned national awards include:
- Honorable Mention - Speech
- First Place - Public Relations Materials, Brochure
- Third Place - Marketing Program or Campaign
- First place - Electronic Newsletter, Corporate or For Profit
- First Place - Single Page, Supplement or Section Written by Entrant, Corporate or For Profit
- Second Place - Public Relations Materials, Brochure
- Honorable Mention - Single Advertisement
- First Place - Publications Regularly Written by Entrant, Newsletter/other publication, non-profit, government or educational
Amanda Kosior and Tracy Nicholson
- First Place - Specialty Articles, Ghost Written Article
- First Place - Specialty Articles, Government or Politics
- Honorable Mention - Information for the Media, Media Pitch
- First Place - Social Media Campaign, Nonprofit, government or educational
- Honorable Mention, Advertising Campaign
- First Place - Single Page, Supplement or Section Edited by Entrant, Corporate or For Profit
- Third Place - Public Relations Campaign
- Third Place - News or Feature Releases, Multiple Releases
Heather Syverson, Zach Otteson, Cody Schuler, Taylor Corbett
- First Place - Public Service Program or Campaign
- Second Place – Columns, General
- Second Place - Graphics
- Third Place – Infographics