McIntosh, Minn., man acquitted of rape charge

Jeremy Allen Jerdee

A jury acquitted a McIntosh, Minn., man on allegations that he raped a child.

The trial for 40-year-old Jeremey Allen Jerdee began Monday and jurors returned a verdict on Wednesday night. He faced a charge of first-degree criminal sex conduct, which held a maximum penalty of 30 years in prison and a minimum of 12 years behind bars.

Jerdee still has another case pending that echoes allegations made in the recently concluded trial. He faces a first- and a second-degree charge of criminal sex conduct.

Neither the defense lawyer or prosecutor responded Thursday to messages about the case.

A criminal complaint said Jerdee repeatedly sexually assaulted a boy for years, beginning when the child was 7 or 8. The child confided in a friend after being assaulted and later confessed to being repeatedly assaulted during a forensic interview in November 2016, the complaint said.


The two remaining charges Jerdee faces were filed in 2018. Another child reported in August 2018 that Jerdee had repeatedly raped and sexually assaulted her for years since she was 8 years old, the complaint said.

Both children reported that they were ashamed or scared to report the assault, according to court documents.

A hearing is scheduled for June 27 on the pending allegations.

Related Topics: CRIME AND COURTS
Tess covers crime and courts for the Grand Forks Herald. She previously worked for the Associated Press, Lincoln Journal Star, Omaha World-Herald and The Voice News. Reach her at (701) 780-1267, or on Twitter @ByTessWilliams.
What To Read Next
An investigation found that students used racial slurs and actions toward minority basketball players from Bismarck High School.
The need for the project dates back to 2016, when the Federal Emergency Management Agency designated the east side of Newfolden as lying within the 100-year floodplain
Annual giving event supports 550 charities throughout North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota; donations may be pre-scheduled.
Neil Joseph Pfeifer was released Friday, Feb. 3, on $5,000 cash bail.