ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Resident displaced, dog dies in Grand Forks mobile home fire

The cause of the fire was accidental

Grand Forks fire truck - lucin.jpg
Herald file photo
We are part of The Trust Project.

GRAND FORKS — A Grand Forks resident has been displaced after a mobile home fire on Monday morning, Dec. 19.

Emergency services were dispatched around 10:50 a.m. Monday to 372 Circle East Drive for a mobile home that had smoke coming out the windows and doors, the Grand Forks Fire Department said in a news release.

The first crews on scene found a mobile home with smoke showing. Crews entered the residence and quickly extinguished the fire. There was severe smoke and fire damage in the home. The cause of the fire was accidental. The resident of the home is displaced, and a dog in the fire.

Grand Forks Fire Department responded with 17 personnel, including five engines, one ladder truck and a command vehicle. Other emergency services that responded included Grand Forks Police Department and Altru Ambulance.

Related Topics: FIRES
Our newsroom occasionally reports stories under a byline of "staff." Often, the "staff" byline is used when rewriting basic news briefs that originate from official sources, such as a city press release about a road closure, and which require little or no reporting. At times, this byline is used when a news story includes numerous authors or when the story is formed by aggregating previously reported news from various sources. If outside sources are used, it is noted within the story.
What To Read Next
The university received $14 million in the previous legislative biennium to fund national security initiatives.
The fire started in the vehicle that was parked in the garage before spreading to the structure itself.
Every 2023 U.S. Presidential Scholar selected by the commission will receive a Presidential Scholars medallion.
His sentencing is scheduled for May 11.