Grand Forks Fire Department responds to residential fire Wednesday morning
Fire crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly after arriving on scene
GRAND FORKS — The Grand Forks Fire Department responded to a fire on the back side of a home on 1819 North 4th St. Wednesday morning.
When they arrived on scene fire crews found smoke coming from the back of the house. Fire crews were informed by the owner of
the home that there weren't any other people in the house. Crews were able to enter the back of the house to quickly extinguish the flames and reduce any further fire damage.
There was moderate fire and smoke damage to the home, though a damage estimate is not available at this time.
The Grand Forks Fire Marshal’s Office determined the cause of the fire to be a failure of an electrical cord on a window air conditioning unit.
The Grand Forks Fire Department responded with five engines, one truck and one command vehicle with eighteen personnel. Altru paramedics assessed one person on scene who was not transported to the hospital. The Grand Forks Police Department, Altru Ambulance and Xcel Gas also assisted on scene.
The Fire Department would like to remind residents to make sure to check their smoke detectors to make sure they are functioning correctly.