Grand Forks Fire Department respond to residential fire overnight
No structural damage occurred, but the residents of the unit had to be relocated for the night due to smoke odor
GRAND FORKS — The Grand Forks Fire Department responded to a residential fire at 1110 22nd Avenue South around 12:40 a.m. Monday.
According to a news release, when crews arrived on scene they saw smoke in the upstairs unit of the building and were able to locate the fire, which was contained to a clothes dryer that was overloaded.
Crews were able to put out the fire quickly and salvage and overhaul operations followed. No structural damage occurred, but the residents of the unit involved had to be relocated for the night due to smoke odors.
GFFD responded with 17 personnel, including one command vehicle, five engines, and one ladder truck. Assisting on scene were Grand Forks Police Department, Altru Ambulance, Red Cross and Grand Forks Housing Authority.