Holly Larson named associate principal named for Valley Middle School
Other appointments for teaching, counseling and social work positions approved by School Board
GRAND FORKS – The appointment of Holly Larson as the next associate principal at Valley Middle School and the issuance of contracts for 17 teaching, counseling and social work positions were approved by the Grand Forks School Board at its recent regular meeting.
Larson will begin in her new role in late July or early August, with an annual salary of $92,509.
Larson, who has served as behavior intervention coordinator at South Middle School since August 2019, holds a bachelor’s degree in English from Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois; a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction and a master’s degree in counseling, both from Doane University in Lincoln, Neb.; and a doctorate in educational leadership from UND.
Larson also holds elementary and secondary principal credentials, as well as a school counselor credential.
The board also approved the resignation of Tyler Piper, interventions and resources teacher at Central High School. The resignation is effective June 3.
The appointments of the following personnel have been approved for the 2022-23 school year:
- Ben Franklin Elementary School – Paige McPherson, first-grade teacher, $42,977;
- Century Elementary School – Kaci Johnson, kindergarten teacher, $55,004;
- Century Elementary School and Head Start – Lindi Chadwick, physical education teacher, 50% appointment, $21,488;
- Discovery Elementary School – Meghan Allan, kindergarten teacher, $43,774, and Madison Kozel, third-grade teacher, $45,372;
- Grand Forks Central High School – Lucas Rieder, social science teacher (40%) and School within a School (60%), $43,774;
- Head Start Program – Jill Holum, social worker, $47,765;
- Kelly Elementary School – Mehan Foy, kindergarten teacher, $42,977;
- Lake Agassiz Elementary School – Kate Reich, third-grade teacher, $46,169, and Jazmin Steidl, second-grade teacher, $42,977;
- Phoenix Elementary School – Claudia Sanford, fifth-grade teacher, $43,774;
- Schroeder Middle School –Caitlyn Carkhuff, English teacher, $43,774;
- Schroeder and Valley middle schools – Lindsey Setzekorn, world language teacher, $51,014;
- South Middle School – Matthew Dunham, science teacher, $45,257, and McKenzie Novak, science teacher, $43,774;
- Valley Middle School – Laura Gillan, Title 1 coordinator, $54,206, and Michelle Ruse, school counselor, $60,019.