No injuries were reported after a fire inside Bubble Laundry Company in Grand Forks Wednesday morning, July 28.
Fire crews responded to a fire alarm activation with reports of smoke in the building at the 12th Avenue South laundromat just after 5 a.m. Wednesday. Once on the scene, they located and extinguished a fire in the laundromat on the main floor of the building, according to a release from the Grand Forks Fire Department.
Occupants of the upstairs apartments were alerted of the fire by smoke detectors and exited the building without incident, the release states.
Damage was contained to the service area of the laundromat and is estimated at $10,000. Fire crews determined the source of the fire was a pile of oil-soaked rags.
Occupants were allowed back into their apartments and the business reopened at about 6:30 a.m., the release states.
The fire department responded with five engines, one truck and one command vehicle, along with 17 personnel. They were assisted by the Grand Forks Police Department, Altru Ambulance and facility management.