A duo from Grand Forks Red River won a Division II state debate title over the weekend.
Gabrielle Linder and Sarah Hong finished first in Division II category of Public Forum Debate.
It was the 107th annual debate tournament in North Dakota, held this year at Fargo Davies High School. The overall championship went to Davies, the host school, which had 55 total points. Fargo Shanley/Oak Grove received the runner-up award with 33 points.
Other Grand Forks place-winners included:
- Oliver Dalmi, Grand Forks Central, a semifinalist in Division I Lincoln-Douglas Debate.
- Katie Uhlir, Grand Forks Central, a quarterfinalist in Division III Lincoln-Douglas Debate.
- Ryan Prusak/Collin Polasky, Grand Forks Red River, who were quarterfinalists in Division I Public Forum Debate.
- Om Panda/Curtis-John Masa, Grand Forks Red River, who were quarterfinalists in Division II Public Forum Debate.
- Carter Schmisek/Dylan Kiley, Grand Forks Central, second place in Division III Public Forum Debate.
Participating schools included: Bismarck Public Schools, Fargo Davies, Fargo North, Fargo South, Grand Forks Central, Grand Forks Red River, Mandan, Minto, Shanley/Oak Grove, West Fargo and West Fargo Sheyenne.