1. Grand Forks approaches edge of southward expansion
The development plans presented last month to Grand Forks City Council members weren’t exactly momentous, but they’re, nonetheless, putting a big question to city leaders.
2. Flood projections remain steady for spring outlook in Red River Valley
The good news is the same as the bad news: Very little has changed in the two weeks since the first spring 2020 flood outlook was issued by the National Weather Service on Jan. 23.
3. Despite getting stuck in a ditch for 8 hours, UND researcher says Blizzard DeAnna was a 'home run' for research project
While returning from rural Polk County to pick up a weather balloon launched in Grand Forks, associate professor Aaron Kennedy and two students found themselves in a pickle.
4. Def Leppard, ZZ Top coming to Grand Forks
Two bands that have sold millions of records will play at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks this fall. Def Leppard, inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2019, will appear Oct. 12 at the Alerus Center with special guest ZZ Top. The concert was announced by the Alerus Center Thursday morning.
5. After last year's reunion, 1959 title team's logo is becoming one of Sioux Shop's top sellers
The 1959 NCAA national championship team returned to campus last season for a 60-year reunion in January. Ralph Engelstad Arena and the Sioux Shop printed off merchandise that had one of the logos they used during the 1958-59 season.