1. Storm may usher in blizzard conditions to Red River Valley
A midweek winter storm could possibly bring blizzard conditions to the Red River Valley. As an Arctic cold front drops into the region early Wednesday, light snow is expected to be buffeted by high winds.
2. St. Thomas, Grafton school district reorganization plans approved at public hearing Monday night
The Pembina County and Walsh County reorganization committees, by unanimous votes, on Monday, Feb. 10, approved their plans to reorganize the St. Thomas School District and Grafton School District.
3. Fosston business owners worry Highway 2 lane reduction will hurt bottom line
A proposal to reduce the number of lanes on U.S. Highway 2 as it passes through a small Polk County community is encountering resistance from area residents who worry it could hurt local businesses.
4. Federal budget cuts could endanger RQ-4 drones; no changes planned at Grand Forks base, but leaders still wary
President Donald Trump on Monday announced a budget that could eliminate 24 RQ-4 drones from its fleet, in a potential blow to a far-ranging surveillance mission headquartered at Grand Forks Air Force Base — though not one that would affect day-to-day operations at the base itself.
5. DNR honors Crookston conservation officer Tom Hutchins for outstanding career performance
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has named Crookston conservation officer Tom Hutchins as the agency’s 2020 Conservation Officer of the Year.