THE LIST: 'This is Personal' ... St. Pat's Parade ... 'Snapshots from Armageddon'
Exhibit opening o Today in downtown GF: An opening reception for "This is Personal," an all-woman art exhibit, will be from 5 to 9 p.m. at Blue Door Gallery & Studio, 2 N. Third St., Grand Forks. The exhibit will feature work by Monica Dubray...
• Today in downtown GF: An opening reception for "This is Personal," an all-woman art exhibit, will be from 5 to 9 p.m. at Blue Door Gallery & Studio, 2 N. Third St., Grand Forks. The exhibit will feature work by Monica Dubray, Kathryn Fink, Liz Lunde, Tracy Mehrkins and Bridget Solsaa, and will continue through April 11. Info: www.bluedoorgf.com .
St. Pat's Parade
• Saturday in downtown Grand Forks: Get your Irish on and be part of the Mason's/St. Patrick's Day parade beginning at 3 p.m. Saturday at Widman's Candy, 106 S. Third St., Grand Forks, and continuing on South Third Street through downtown. Families, businesses, bands, children and pets are welcome to take part. Info: (218) 791-6162.
Theater workshop deadlines
• For youth and adults: Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre will present workshops at Grand Forks Fire Hall Theatre in March. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (701) 746-0847. Register today for: Playwriting with Matt Hegdahl, Saturday, 1 to 3 p.m., for ages 11 to 16; $25. Register by March 22 for: Monologue & audition prep with Amy Driscoll, ages 11 to 18, March 23, 1 to 3 p.m.; $25. Theater make-up with Nikki Quam, ages 16 and older, March 23, 2 to 5 p.m.; $28, plus $20 for make-up kit. Directing with UND Professor Emily Cherry, ages 18 and older, March 24, 1 to 5 p.m.; $60. Register by March 29 for: Play Day for grades one to six, March 29, 1 to 5 p.m.; $25.
• March 23 at Fire Hall: "Snapshots from Armageddon," a Norwegian-style sketch comedy show, will be presented at 9:30 p.m. March 23 at Fire Hall Theatre. Tickets: $8 at the door; box office opens at 9 p.m. Presented by: Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre.
• Sunday in EGF: The Northern Valley Youth Orchestras will present its final performance of the season at 3 p.m. March 17 in the East Grand Forks Performing Arts Center. The Allegro, Philharmonic and the Symphony orchestras will feature more than 100 performers in all ages nine to adult. Tickets: General admission, $5; military and educator tickets, $3; 12 and younger, free. A reception will follow.
• Spring musical opens March 22: East Grand Forks Sacred Heart School will present the musical "Godspell" at 7 p.m. March 22-23 and at 2 p.m. March 24 at the school theater. Tickets: Adults, $10; students and senior citizens, $5.
'Pirates of Penzance'
• Spring show at Red River High School: The musical "The Pirates of Penzance" will be presented at 7:30 p.m. April 19-20 and at 2 p.m. April 21 at the Red River High School Performance Hall. Reservations: (701) 746-2411.
Walkin' Shoes Tour
• Thursday at the Empire: The Walkin' Shoes Tour will be on stage at 7 p.m. Thursday at Grand Forks Empire Arts Center. Full of humor, music and surprises, Walkin' Shoes brings together Kevin Kling -- one of Minnesota's most significant storytellers -- and Dan Chouinard, accordionist, pianist and writer, for tales from the roads they've raveled. Kling and Chouinard kindly rely on the strangeness of others to inspire stories and songs. The show is presented in partnership with Minnesota Public Radio. Tickets: Adults, $12; MPR members, students, senior citizens, military, $10; call (701) 746-5500.
Winter Art Auction
• Sunday in Pekin, N.D.: "Color Splash," the Nelson County Arts Council Winter Art Auction, will begin at 3 p.m. Sunday with wine and hors d'oeuvres in the Pekin Auditorium followed at 4 p.m. by a live auction. Halvorson-Boote Auction Service of Binford, N.D., will sell 34 original works of art for the benefit for the annual Stump Lake Fine Arts Youth Camp in August. Sponsor: McVille (N.D.) State Bank. Admission: $10, includes a bidding card. Donating artists: Aneta, N.D.: Kristi Berdal. Arthur, N.D.: Phyllis Lincoln. Billings, Mont.: Jennette Rasch. Binford, N.D.: Sue Olson. Center, N.D.: Sharon Haag. Durango, Colo.: Doug Pfliger. Edgeley, N.D.: Don Paul, Theresa Paul. Enderlin, N.D.: Tamra Kriedman. Fargo: Sherbanoo Aziz, Kayla Hotvedt, Judi Koemstedt, Jon Offutt. Grafton: John Bartunek. Grand Forks: Guillermo Guardia, Anna Jacobson, Adam Kemp, Janna Warcup. Kloten, N.D.: Diana Shea, Elizabeth Stromme. Lakota, N.D.: Boyd Hagen, Josh Hagen, Bill Rivas, Caitlin Skjerven. Pekin, N.D.: The late Monte Breckheimer. Rapid City, S.D.: Brittany Morris. Tolna, N.D.: Jennifer Parker.
Jason Aldean pre-party
• March 23 at the Alerus Center: The Alerus Center will hold a pre-party prior to the Jason Aldean concert March 23 featuring the band Silverado in the Alerus Center ballroom for ages 21 and older. Admission will be $10, which includes food, and tickets are available at the Alerus Center box office, Ticketmaster.com, or Tickemaster charge by phone at (800) 745-3000. Party presented by: True North Equipment. Jason Aldean: Jason Aldean will be on stage at 7:30 p.m. March 23; doors will open at 6:30 p.m. The concert will feature Jake Owen and Thomas Rhett. Tickets, $54.75 and $28.75, are available at the Alerus Center box office, Ticketmaster.com, or Ticketmaster charge by phone at (800) 745-3000.
• March 22 at Spirit Lake Casino: Country singer Easton Corbin ("A Little More Country than That," "Roll with It") will perform at 7 p.m. March 22 at Spirit Lake Casino at St. Michael, N.D.. Info: (800) WIN-UBET.
• Tuesday at GF library: The Great Reads Book Club will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Grand Forks Public Library to discuss "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer. Info: (701) 772-8116.
'Junie B. Jones'
• March 24 at the Fritz: The musical children's show, "Junie B. Jones," will be on stage at Grand Forks Chester Fritz Auditorium at 2 p.m. March 24 presented by Theatreworks USA. Tickets: $16, or four for $50; available through Chester Fritz Auditorium box office, all Ticketmaster outlets, or Ticketmaster charge by phone (800) 745-3000.
• April 5-7 in Crookston: The Crookston High School drama department will present the play "Our Town" at 7:30 p.m. April 5-7 at the Crookston High School auditorium. Tickets: Adults, $10; students, $8; available at the door.
• April 6 in EGF: The next North Country Fiddle and Dance community dance featuring The O'Neils will be from 7:30 to 10 p.m. at the Eagles Club, 227 10th St. NW, East Grand Forks. Admission: Donations at the door.
• Opening April 11 at UND: The UND Department of Theatre Arts will present Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" at 7:30 pm. April 11-13 and April 18-20 at UND Burtness, Theatre Grand Forks. Tickets: Adults, $10; students, $5; available at Burtness box office.