THE LIST: Fiddle and dance ... Storybook Theatre ... Gretchn Kottke
Fiddle and dance o Saturday at Eagles Club: North Country Fiddle and Dance community dance will be held from 7:30 to 10 p.m. Saturday at the Eagles Club, 227 10th St. N.W., East Grand Forks. North American folk and barn dances with live music, re...
Fiddle and dance
• Saturday at Eagles Club: North Country Fiddle and Dance community dance will be held from 7:30 to 10 p.m. Saturday at the Eagles Club, 227 10th St. N.W., East Grand Forks. North American folk and barn dances with live music, reels, squares, circle mixers and contras. Everyone is welcome. All dances are easy to learn, and will be taught. Admission: Donations at the door. Info: (218) 773-3850.
• Starting Tuesday at Fire Hall: Children ages 4 to 6 are invited to participate in the Mother Goose Storybook Theatre. Participants will enjoy 4 weeks of theatre play on either Tuesday or Thursday mornings. The 4-week workshop is also being offered in July. The workshop will be co-facilitated by Kathy Coudle-King and Shelby DeGeldre (pictured as Mother Goose). Parents can choose the 4-week workshop on Tuesday's at 9 a.m. or the Thursdays at 10 a.m. workshops running in June and again in July. Parents are welcome to drop children off at the theatre or accompany them. Cost: $25 for 4-week program. $10 for children in Head Start or entering Head Star in the fall. Info: (701) 746-0847 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Visit ggfct.com to download an application for the Mother Goose Workshop.
CHILDREN @ PLAY
• Auditions Monday, Tuesday: Children in grades 1 through 8 are invited to audition for the summer children's play, CAUTION: CHILDREN @ PLAY at 7 p.m. the Fire Hall, June 3 and 4th. No preparation for the auditions is needed. The play is written and directed by Kathy Coudle-King and will be performed July 30, 31 and Aug. 1 at the Fire Hall. Activity fee: $80 for the older children, and $40 for the younger set. Info: Email email@example.com .
Community Art Exhibit
• Monday in EGF: The East Grand Forks Campbell Library will host an artist reception from 6:30 to 7:30 Monday night for the "The Community Art Exhibit 2013," which recognizes community artists: Joyce Peterson Gallo, Therese Jacobson, Sandy Mason, Ramon Silva, Mark Sobolik, Maria Thompson, Karlee Westrem, Kim Wilson, Eileen Wurden. Featuring: The East Grand Forks Senior High Speech Team, Musician Sally Morris.
Grand Cities Art Fest
• June 8-9 in GF, EGF: The Grand Cities Art Fest, one of the area's biggest arts events, will be from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. June 8 and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 9 on both sides of the Red River in downtown Grand Forks and East Grand Forks. Visitors can shop for fine art and homemade crafts, take part in child-centered activities, watch artists do their work and enjoy food and music. Info: www.novac.org/grand-cities-art-fest.html .
• Exhibit in Grand Forks: Art by Gretchen Kottke is on display at the Third Street Gallery, 310 Kittson Ave., Grand Forks, through May 31. Info: (701) 757-3333; www.thethirdstreetgallery.com .
• Now through June 15: The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council Gallery is showcasing the works of thirteen regional Minnesota. The Workshop Exhibit will be on display in the River Walk Center, 211 DeMers Avenue, East Grand Forks. The exhibit features artists who have been meeting monthly since September 2012, attending the Work of Art: The Business of Art workshop presented by Springboard for the Arts, and sponsored by the NWMAC. Exhibit hours: 2 to 8 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday; 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday. Closed Monday and Tuesday. Info: (218) 745-9111 or www.NorthwestMinnesotaArtsCouncil.org .
• Exhibit through June 5: Art by Sue Burke will be exhibited at the gallery in Amazing Grains, 214 DeMers Ave., downtown Grand Forks, through June 5. Burke said she began working in art as a graphic design intern in Garden Valley, Texas, when she was 17, and then moved to Seattle and Boulder, Colo., before arriving in Grand Forks. From her artist statement: "Paint is one of the newer things in my life. On that subject, I can impart the following: paint with the windows open." Info: (701) 775-4542.
• Through June 29 at Velkommen: "Folk Dolls: The Norwegian Bunad Collective," an art exhibit and sale, will be on through June 29 in Velkommen, 23 N. Third St., Grand Forks. The exhibit was assembled in collaboration with the Norwegian Museum of Cultural History, Oslo, and the Folk and National Costume Council, Fagernes. Info: (701) 775-8482.
Art & Wine Walk
• In downtown GF, EGF: The seventh season of the annual summer Art & Wine Walk, featuring work by local and regional artists and a chance to meet the artists and to buy their work, will begin June 15 in downtown Grand Forks and East Grand Forks. Additional dates: July 20, Aug. 17, Sept. 21 and Oct. 19. Info: visitgrandforks.com; novac.org.
'The Music Man'
• Opening June 29 at Frost Fire Theatre: "The Music Man" will be the summer show at Frost Fire Theatre seven miles west of Walhalla, N.D. The show will open with a 6 p.m. June 29 performance. Additional 6 p.m. performances: July 6, 13, 20 and 27. Matinees at 2 p.m.: June 30, July 3, 7, 10,14, 17, 21, 24, 28, 31. Info: www.frostfiretheatre.com; (701) 549-3600.