THE LIST: 'Almost, Maine' ... Blues on the Red ... 'The Music Man'
'Almost, Maine' o Tonight in TRF: The Thief River Falls Community Arts Council presents its final performance of "Almost, Maine," at 7 p.m. July 26 in the Northland Community and Technical College Theatre. Cost: $10. Info: www.trfact.org. Backsta...
• Tonight in TRF: The Thief River Falls Community Arts Council presents its final performance of "Almost, Maine," at 7 p.m. July 26 in the Northland Community and Technical College Theatre. Cost: $10. Info: www.trfact.org .
• Saturday at Empire Arts Center: Sneaky Wild Oats will perform at 8 p.m. July 27 on the back stage at the Empire Arts Center as part of the Backstage Project. Cost: $5 cover charge. Info: www.empireartscenter.com .
Blues on the Red
• Saturday in Town Square: The Blues on the Red Summer concert series will continue from 6 to 10 p.m. June 27 with headliner Steve Sullivan and the Factory. The event features the region's top blues musicians and food from Wild Hog Smokehouse Bar and Grill. A beer garden will be available for those 21 years old and older. Attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs. Cost: Free. Info: www.visitgrandforks.com; (701) 746-0444.
'The Music Man'
• Saturday, Sunday at Frost Fire Theatre: Frost Fire Theatre, seven miles west of Walhalla, N.D., presents its final performances of "The Music Man" at 6 p.m. July 27 and 2 p.m. July 28 and 31. Info: www.frostfiretheatre.com; (701) 549-3600.
CAUTION: Children @ Play
• July 30 at Firehall Theatre: The Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre presents "CAUTION: Children @ Play" at 7 p.m. July 30, 31 and Aug. 1 at the Firehall Theatre. The play is a comedy written by Kathy Coudle-King and performed by 22 area youth. Cost: $5. Info: www.ggfct.com .
• Through July 31 at Hennessy's Home Furnishings: An estate sale of Jackie McElroy's artwork will run through July 31 at Hennessy's Home Furnishings Staging and Design, 2875 32nd Ave. S. The store is open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. July 26, 27, 29, 30 and 31, and noon to 5 p.m. July 28. Info: (701) 775-4663.
• July 30-Aug. 3: The Empire Arts Center presents the musical comedy "Avenue Q" at 7:30 p.m. July 30 through Aug. 3 and Aug. 6 through Aug. 10. Info: (701) 317-3785.
• Deadline Aug. 15: East Grand Forks Campbell Library is hosting a logo contest. All ages are encouraged to participate in creating a logo that captures everything the library is about: community, literacy, access and knowledge. Deadline: 8 p.m. Aug. 15. Info: (218) 773-9121; www.egflibrary.org .
Zombie Poster Competition
• Deadline Aug. 22: The North Valley Arts Council is holding the second annual Zombie Music Fest Poster Competition. The winning poster will be the official poster image for the 2013 Zombie Music Fest. The submissions will be judged by a group of art professionals, and the top picks will be posted to the Facebook page for a public vote. Rules: 25 percent of poster space must be left open for event details. Poster size must be 11" by 17" with 2.5" by 11" of blank space for sponsor logos. Poster must include: Zombie Music Fest, Saturday, October 5th, Guesthouse TownHouse Hotel and the website and Facebook info. Submit posters by sending a high-resolution PDF or JPG to email@example.com , or mail a disk to Marie Strinden, 2 N. Third St., Suite C. Grand Forks, N.D., 58203. Prize: $100. Deadline: Aug. 22. Info: www.novac.org; (701) 772-3710.