HELPING HANDS: Austin Ullrich benefit ... Megan Woods benefit ... Benefit for Shosti Aaker ... more
- Austin Ullrich benefit: A benefit supper and silent auction for Austin Ullrich, 10-month-old son of Lindsey and Michael Ullrich of Grand Forks, will be from 6 to 10 p.m. Sept. 25 at Holy Family Catholic Church, Grand Forks. Austin was diagnosed...
- Austin Ullrich benefit: A benefit supper and silent auction for Austin Ullrich, 10-month-old son of Lindsey and Michael Ullrich of Grand Forks, will be from 6 to 10 p.m. Sept. 25 at Holy Family Catholic Church, Grand Forks. Austin was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia at 6 weeks of age. Contributions can be mailed to: Bremer Bank, c/o Austin Ullrich Fund, 3100 S. Columbia Road, Grand Forks, 58201; Attention: Colleen Ranum.
- Megan Woods benefit: The Megan Woods Dinner Benefit and Silent Auction of more than 50 packages will be Sept. 25 at Southgate Bar & Grill, Grand Forks. Dinner will begin at 6 p.m., and the auction will end at 10 p.m. Woods, a senior at Central High School will Asperger's syndrome, is a vocalist who will represent North Dakota with the Northern Ambassadors of Music on a European tour in summer 2011. All proceeds from the benefit will help Woods and a special-needs aide on the trip. Admission will be $15 per person and $25 per couple.
- Benefit for Shosti Aaker: A benefit for Shosti Aaker will be Sept. 26 at Johnny's Lounge, Grand Forks. From noon to 3 p.m., there will be food ($5 per person) served at the green house east of the bar. Entertainment at Johnny's Lounge will be from 3 to 8 p.m. with music by Good Timin' Friends for those 21 and older. Admission is $3 per person or $5 per couple. There will be a silent auction from 1 to 6 p.m. All money raised, including bartender tips, will be donated to Shosti, who is undergoing surgery and has no medical insurance, a news release said.
- Out of the Darkness: The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and its North Dakota Chapter will host its fifth annual Fargo-Moorhead Out of the Darkness Community Walk on Sept. 26 in the main shelter of Lindenwood Park. Check-in begins at 1 p.m., with the walk beginning at 2 p.m.
Teams for families and friends as well as individual walkers are encouraged to register online in advance. Each walker is encouraged to set a fundraising goal. Proceeds will benefit local and national suicide prevention and awareness programs and help provide support and resources to those who have lost someone to suicide. To register, donate or to learn more, visit www.outofthedarkness.org. Info: www.afsp.org/northdakota.
- Coats for Kids: Coats, snowpants, hats, mittens, gloves, scarves, boots and other winter gear are being collected until Oct. 18 at part of Hutch's Coats for Kids sponsored by Valley News Live and The Salvation Army.
All sizes may be dropped off at The Salvation Army, 1600 University Ave. in Grand Forks.
The winter gear will be distributed Oct. 23-24 at The Salvation Army. Bring proof of residency. For more information, call (701) 775-2597.