AT THE MOVIES: 'The Amazing Spider-man' ... 'Magic Mike' ... 'Ted'
New in GF/EGF: o "The Amazing Spider-Man": (3D, 2D) Teenager Peter Parker finds a clue that might help him understand why his parents disappeared. His path puts him on a collision course with Dr. Curt Connors, his father's former partner. With An...
New in GF/EGF:
• "The Amazing Spider-Man": (3D, 2D) Teenager Peter Parker finds a clue that might help him understand why his parents disappeared. His path puts him on a collision course with Dr. Curt Connors, his father's former partner. With Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Martin Sheen, Sally Field. Director: Marc Webb. (2:16) Rated PG-13 for sequences of action and violence.
• "Katie Perry: Part of Me": (3D) A documentary that chronicles Katy Perry's life on- and off-stage. With Katy Perry, Shannon Woodward, Lucas Kerr. Directors: Dan Cutforth, Jane Lipsitz. Rated PG.
• "Madea's Witness Protection": A Wall Street investment banker set up as the linchpin of his company's mob-backed Ponzi scheme is relocated with his family to Aunt Madea's home. With Tyler Perry, Eugene Levy, Denise Richards, Doris Roberts, Romeo, Tom Arnold. Director: Tyler Perry. Rated PG-13 for some crude sexual remarks and brief drug references.
• "Magic Mike": A male stripper teaches a younger performer how to party, pick up women, and make easy money. With Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Olivia Munn, Matthew McConaughey, Cody Horn, Joe Manganiello, Matt Bomer. (1:50) Rated R for pervasive sexual content, brief graphic nudity, language and some drug use.
• "People Like Us": A man is tasked with delivering $150,000 of his late father's fortune to the sister he has never met. With Chris Pine, Elizabeth Banks, Michelle Pfeiffer. Director: Alex Kurtzman. Rated PG-13 for language, some drug use and brief sexuality.
• "Ted": A miracle brings John's best friend Ted -- a teddy bear -- to life. Now grown up, John must choose between his girlfriend and the crude and inappropriate Ted. With Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis, Seth MacFarlane, Joel McHale, Giovanni Ribisi, Patrick Warburton. Director: Seth MacFarlane. Rated R for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, and some drug use.
• "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter": The secret life of Abraham Lincoln, who makes it his mission to eliminate vampires. (1:55) (R)
• "The Avengers": Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings together a team of super humans to help save the Earth. (2:22) (PG-13)
• "Brave": Princess Merida must rely on bravery and archery skills to undo a curse. Animated. (1:40) (PG)
• "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted": Alex and friends journey through Europe to get back to the Big Apple. Their cover? A traveling circus. (PG)
• "Men in Black": (3D, 2D) Agent J travels in time to MIB's early years to stop an alien from assassinating his friend Agent K. (PG-13)
• "Prometheus": (2D, 3D) A team of explorers must battle to save the future of the human race. (2:04) (R)
• "Rock of Ages": A small town girl and a city boy meet on the Sunset Strip while pursuing their Hollywood dreams. (2:03) (PG-13)
• "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World": As an asteroid nears Earth, a man takes a road trip to reunite with an old sweetheart. (1:51) (R)
• "Snow White and the Huntsman": A huntsman ordered to kill Snow White becomes her protector and mentor in vanquishing the evil queen. (2:07) (PG-13)
• "That's My Boy": Donny was 12 when he fathered a son from whom he was soon separated. Now, years later, they meet again. (1:54) (R)
• "What To Expect When You're Expecting": Five couples experience the thrills and surprises of having a baby. (1:50) (PG-13)
Summer morning movies
• Today and Saturday: "Charlotte's Web," (PG) 10 a.m., River Cinema 15, East Grand Forks. Ticket, pop and popcorn, $5
• Carmike 10, Grand Forks: (701) 772-4719; www.carmike.com
• River Cinema 15, East Grand Forks: (218) 399-9000; www.moorefamilytheatres.com/rivercinema15.asp